Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Frostie's Bad Day ... Movie!

Frostie's Bad Day ... Movie!
October 31, 2011 12:59AM
Jerry and I went shooting yesterday. Seemed like such a fine day with the sleet and snow and all. ;?)

Jerry was using his 62 Yukon and I was shop testing the Yukon Orion 62.

Here's one of the set-ups we tried ...... Gary

[youtu.be]

Good. It worked. Enjoy. winking smiley

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2011 05:50PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Frostie's Bad Day ...
October 31, 2011 01:18AM
Brutal . . . I'm all the more impressed that you guys made it to the range with the doom and gloom predicted around here. And what kind of snowman bleeds red? Snowman shooter with bench rifle

That's just bizarre, though it is Halloween . . . Jack-O-Lantern

-- Jim
October 31, 2011 02:39AM
Hi Jim,

Yeah ... our coffee was getting cold fast ... and nothing spoils your mood faster then cold coffee when you are shooting big bore airguns! ;?)

Sounds like a great title for a grunge punk album ... "Snowmen Bleed ..." ah haah .... bwhaaahhhhh ...... sorry.

It's a secret. winking smiley

Gary
October 31, 2011 01:33AM
Well done Gary! That'll teach Frosty to not show up where he's not welcome!

I wonder if anyone else went out to play... I mean test in the snow?
November 01, 2011 05:22AM
So its already snowing you guy's way huh???? Dang, and it's still 80 degrees here.....(i swear i'm not being facetious..lol)

The all time CREATIVITY while shooting stuff AWARD goes to............GARY AND JERRY. You guys are really something else. Never ever seen a bloody snow man. That's a first....WOW! Too cool for words!

I liked the video also.....* * * * * (that's 5 stars)
November 01, 2011 05:41AM
That was cold.Snowman

What ya do with the magic hat?take a bow

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2011 05:42AM by Bigbore.
November 01, 2011 04:23PM
Gary & Jerry,

Nice video!

Have any of you noticed a difference in the accuracy of the air guns due to the extreme weather?

Thanks,

Julio
November 01, 2011 05:27PM
Hi Julio,

I've shot in extreme weather many times. Both at the range, and hunting. And ... I've actually pulled the trigger while hunting in extreme weather. haha. The buffalo was a 19 degree F day. Standing shot at 50 yards was right on target. (from YOUR Yukon II it comes to mind ;?)

They shoot fine. Of course, numb fingers don't help. Nor does it help your bench technique when the aches and pains get worse. But - as Jerry said, for us, in the War Wagon .... there was no severe weather on this outing. Though the guns did get frosty from shooting and the War Wagon roof was just short of dripping with condensation caused by the heater and the cold outside on the metal skin of the trailer.

We spent a bunch of time taking hats and coats off and replacing them. Many false starts with leaving the trailer with earphones still on and forgetting hats. Far too warm inside to shoot in coats. Even with the whole back open from the table up. Really all works quite well. You all should put some effort into getting out and shooting. I know Julio does. Cedric does. Kent does. Neil. But it takes some time and effort, but you get some neat pics and have a good time. Takes the mind off of life in general. Makes you a kid again as you think of silly stuff to set up to shoot.

Gary
November 01, 2011 04:27PM
Not me, the weather in the war wagon was great!
November 03, 2011 02:12AM
Hi Gary,

Could you please tell us something about the Yukon Orion .62?

Julio
November 03, 2011 07:07AM
Really Gary, that clip should be R18. No small children or even teenagers should see such a horrendous fate for the snowman....scared
Hehe, nice video work!
Cheers
Neil
November 03, 2011 02:20PM
Ah shucks Neil ... kids are tough. They do worse than that at mealtime. hahaha.

LOL!
November 03, 2011 02:30PM
Hello Julio,

Thanks for asking. It's a lighter weight Yukon. Still a full sized gun, but made on a 1" reservoir frame.

The test gun isn't complete. It's shooting it's 477 grain slug for about 622 fpe. Heavier weight slugs would make more. The default Barnes 62 slug is about 600 grains. Didn't have a chrono Saturday in the snow.

The Orion Class have a removable hub which the barrel threads into. Replace a different size hub, and thread in a different caliber barrel. Will require front barrel clamp inserts per caliber OD size.

They are all Slide Breech design.

It shot excellent Sat. I could easily shoot clay birds sat out on the snow ... at 100-130 yards. Some took a couple of shots as I didn't know the range and was using mil-dots. But it was very easy to walk it in with an adjustment. If I'd had a standard slug and my scope elevation calibrated, I could have shot the field like a FT gun.

That's not unique to the Orion. That is the Yukon platform and barrel in 62. Works beautifully with the slugs I've designed for it.

I will eventually have one 62 Orion for the Gun room. This one is just a shop gun prototype. The other has the standarized ammended features.

Best,
Gary
September 20, 2012 05:28PM
Well said!

Thank you for contributing to our forum. It's always rewarding to welcome new members.

Gary
October 21, 2012 02:43PM
very nice and good video...after shot I can not see any guy smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021