Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! more innocent

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! more innocent
March 20, 2012 01:11AM
OK, here's the disclaimer, I had a full brigade of foot stompers and water carrying teens on hand... Oh, the trees are not as close as they appear to the huge balls of fire... whistling

So, we got a little bored the other day and decided we'd do a little mini version of the end of every "Sons of Guns" episode. The video below is just a collection of some of the shots. Sorry but I don't have the skills to apply Ced's production values... I'd say it's because I'm so busy, but it's really that I have no skills....

Anyhow, we decided to make some fire balls. The first clip is a hit on a ball of coffee creamer with candle behind it for ignition. Lame and no ignition. The next shot is a full size can of hairspray with the candles again. The expanding gas/vapor cloud blew out the flames before ignition, probably a good thing. After the first couple shots, we went to a more robust ignition source. Some things worked and some might have worked but for poor shots. The final three shots turned out pretty good. Those were 1.5 once travel size hairspray cans. They made a nice ball of flame without enough material for persistent flames and they were a tougher target.

Anyhow, this was just for fun and more controlled than it looks (by design). If you want your targets to explode in flame, get a robust ignition source, tiny little hairspray bottles and a safe range...blah, blah, blah....

March 26, 2012 11:56PM
Kinda thought someone would say something!
March 27, 2012 05:55AM
I don't know about the rest of the SICKO'S around here but i sure as HELL enjoyed it. Great fireball....lol. I think the spray can fliging around and around is some cool stuff too.
March 28, 2012 02:15AM
I just found it again. First time was late at night and neither the video or a link appears on my iPhone. This happened once before. Must be the host or file.

Back here again - still no link. Have to remember to look when on my laptop. Sorry Jerry. Sounds like a blast.

Put the thing on the main page. I'll bet 98% never check other than the main forum.
March 29, 2012 05:09PM
Hehe, Gary,I'm one of the 2%!!

Nice work Jerry! Now in true Sons of Guns fashion, will you be building a fully automatic hairspray can-thrower inendiary device based on an AK47 (to sell to the local hairdresser....) boing
Cheers
Neil
March 29, 2012 10:51PM
I would but I can't find a trailer to weld it to!
March 30, 2012 12:10AM
Jerry, Loved the video!"festive"

The first explosion looked so over the top as to be possible CGI. I hope the neighbors were understanding. Is this some of the stuff the guy tried to get on the plane?

Kent
March 30, 2012 09:40PM
LOL! No Kent, that's the stuff millions of women spray all around their heads every morning.
April 08, 2012 08:56PM
I'm back on my PC .... sorry .... I just get a black screen. Won't play. Have no idea why. Must know it's me. winking smiley

Gary
April 09, 2012 02:02AM
Yeah ... it comes on showing the backer wall still shot. Shows the movie player. I touch the arrow "Play" icon, and the screen goes to black and stays that way. Did they pull the plug on ya?

Gary
April 09, 2012 03:24AM
Just played fine for me... confused smiley
Anonymous User
June 27, 2012 10:12PM
Very cool video. what were you shooting?
Anonymous User
June 28, 2012 09:16PM
New computer and after all these year,s i can watch the video,s. I have missed out on this and never knew what awesome shot,s you can produce with the airgun,s. Friendly competition is nothing but fun in my mind. It is a big deal and alot of work for this and other,s SHOULD appreciate the effort and time Gary and Jerry have invested. By the way,,,,, awesome job guy,s. Not to mention the video,s from Julio were great.
July 01, 2012 04:17AM
Glad you are enjoying it all Don.

Thanks for the comments.

Jerry is still on probation. They let him have one birthday candle now - but he can't light it himself. ;?)

Gary
Anonymous User
July 01, 2012 04:21PM
The perfect trio for making an outstanding video. Gary, Tofaz,and Jerry. If the three of you got together, now that would be a great one.DB
Anonymous User
July 01, 2012 04:25PM
Add Julio to the mix also, almost forgot about his video and trying to catch up on all that I can see now.
October 21, 2012 03:39PM
very funny game smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021