My rifle.....

My rifle.....
April 16, 2009 05:24PM
Here is my current shooting stick...
[s423.photobucket.com]
Re: My rifle.....
April 16, 2009 06:07PM
EXCELLENT!

Thoroughly enjoyed the film. Enjoyed the personal contact. Enjoyed seeing you. Loved the "BBC" documentary voice. thumbs up Although, I did rather expect a tweed jacket. grinning smiley

Nice gun. Glad I'm not a bunny near you!!

Thanks very much. Brought a much needed smile to the face today.

Gary
April 16, 2009 07:12PM
Glad you liked it Gary smiling smiley
Its always nice to put a face and a voice to someones 'online persona'
I'm always pleased as punch to see someone in their videos. Its always a case of " Ah, THATS what you look like!!"
April 16, 2009 09:04PM
Right ... you were Faaaarrrrr more handsome than I'd pictured you (hahhaha) ... especially from your Avatar ... rolling happy smiley

Gary
April 16, 2009 07:28PM
Awesome

So what the story with the .25 barrel?
April 16, 2009 09:47PM
Ah, that pesky .25 barrel. Story goes thus- I was offered a .25 by a friend for slightly below shop price, so I went for it. The barrel was a blank and needed to be turned down, crowned etc. This was done by a very experienced lathe slave and all seemed to be good. I then had the end threaded for my fancy new silencer, but the breech section got slightly bent. So this section was removed and re-done, shortening it to 21" . Since then, I havn't been able to shoot it accurately. No, thats not right actually. It was shooting wonky a little before that I think>>>?? Problem with mucking about with various barrels and bits and bobs is that you loose track of what was what, and when!!
So, I'm now thinking that the barrel was never done correctly, maybe even mistakenly round the wrong way!(choke on breech end?!")
At one point I thought it was the silencer causing a problem with clipping, but I think (THINK?) that was sorted.

So the long and short of it is I'm still not sure what the problem is/was .
Its horrible going back to .22 from .25. That extra .03 really does make all the difference. Its like shooting apple pips now!
April 16, 2009 09:48PM
Thanks for the great video Paul! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice glass on the rifle...laughing again

That .25 silencer looks great. It's a shame the .25 poly barrel didn't work out. I sure hope all those guys getting new regular rifled barrels have better luck! With the fancy silencer in hand, I'd think you might have another go at it? Then again, 58FPE is plenty for any bunny I've come across! Although I've heard about "jackalopes" that take a lot of power to kill. rolling happy smiley
April 16, 2009 10:53PM
LOL true Jerry, I do have a bit of overkill going on!!
Though the .25 did get me a fox that I wouldn't have tried with the .22 I will get another .25 barrel in the future, gotta keep those boys of yours busy making those slugs!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021