Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: BALLOON "BUSTIN" at 105 yrds with Rapid .25

BALLOON "BUSTIN" at 105 yrds with Rapid .25
September 11, 2009 01:24AM
Here is another cool little video that i put together of me shooting my Theoben Rapid .25 at water filled balloons at 105 yrds as measured by my LUEPY RX-1. Although it was a little windy that day, the R25 did not take notice. I mean every shot was dead on but, i wasn't....lol.

After glancing down at my trajectory chart for my guns power level using my pellet of choice....The Beeman Kodiak at 30.7 grs. travelling 950 FPS...i saw that at 105 yrds, the pellet would impact at the 3.7 mil-dot location. Which is basically, right above the 4th lower mil-dot as dead on. The Bushnell 6x24 scope was set on power level 12 and the impact velocity of the Kodiaks pellet would be 666 FPS (eerie huh?) for roughly 32 FPE!!

Since my Rapid is a 12 shot airgun, my goal was to set up 12 balloons and make all 12 go POP each and every time. So on this day, it was gonna be a challenge cause of the wind and also just because of the task at hand...12 for 12 shots ON VIDEO. Needless to say, i missed a couple of times. But its all good. The gun definitely did its part at that range. So much so, that at the end of the shooting session, i was aiming at a piece of exploded balloon that was still tied to the string as it swung in the wind and i was really close to hitting it. It was just that my timing was a tad off.

Also, many thanks to my shooting/hunting buddy DARYL for helping me with the video/targets. I owe him big time cause not only did he set up all the balloons after each shot and video tape me shooting but, we were late for lunch and i told him that he could eat his lunch while i shot at the balloons. We did not know that i was gonna hit them all with such consistency that he would just get back to his seat and he would hear.....PFSSST.......THAWACK!!. LOL....IT WAS PRETTY DARNED FUNNY TO me cause on a few shots, i purposely would just let him sit down and open his lunch box and as he grabbed a drink of water i would quickly shoot the balloon....then he would have to get back up again...HEE HEE HEE. I am a GOOD friend....I SWEAR...lol!

Anyway, heres the video:

[www.youtube.com]
September 11, 2009 02:51AM
Hey, how come I don't have a terget intern!!?? rolling happy smiley I can only guess at the abuse you're heaping on Daryl for being so helpful! Nice video, Thanks Daryl!
September 11, 2009 01:10PM
Great work gentlemen! Very entertaining.

Daryl ... I'd like to try that with the 87 Dragon ... are you interested in helping? whistling

Cedric, it looks like you have that Rapid all dialed in. Glad to see you enjoy it. Very fine shooting.

thumbs up

Gary
September 12, 2009 01:18AM
Thank you guys. OK OK, it time for you TWO to now make a new video. Come on.....I'm waiting...lol

GB, yes sir, you can borrow daryl to help you set up your targets....LOL. He likes the abuse.
September 12, 2009 06:08PM
Ced,
Did you see the videos in the main forum under the "Nicely dressed Dragon" post or the Timmy gets his turn" posts? There are several long range and big lead videos there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021