Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gratuitous water bottle blasting with big bore 457

Gratuitous water bottle blasting with big bore 457
February 14, 2010 10:29PM
And at 50 yrds to boot.

Remodded my custom HP mold pin to make HP a little heavier and to move the weight more forward in the bullet. After trimming the pin down, the bullets went up to 310 gr exactly. Up from 287 grains. The accuracy is much better than the previous lighter version.

So in this video, this is my first time testing out the new weight with the HP's. In the video, i try and call all my shots to see how close the HP's hit to my called shot. The first shot was almost dead on as i called, "the center of arnold palmers forehead". No disrespect to AP and he is a great legend in golfing and he makes one hell of an ice tea. Just wanted to see how close i could get.

Anyway, here is the video of my blasting with my 457 big bore and 310 gr HP at 452 FPE:

Re: Gratuitous water bottle blasting with big bore 457
February 14, 2010 11:18PM
You aimed at AP? Oh, you're going to burn! Blinking devil
February 15, 2010 05:50AM
i know jerry. I'm sorry.

But it was for the sake of "AIRGUNNING SCIENCE". He had to be sacrificed as his picture is the only one on any bottle that can be filled with water...LOL.....I think.
February 15, 2010 10:14AM
Good shooting! Looks like a lot of fun.

-- Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2010 10:15AM by admin.
February 15, 2010 01:48PM
Some fine shooting Cedric. And, looks like you have a great match between barrel and slug - well done.

I like your video production capabilities too - very nice. thumbs up

Thanks for the post!

Gary
February 15, 2010 05:47PM
thanx guys.

Any time Gary. I do love this sport as well as video recording everything. I love video taping me and my buddies shooting cause it just really helps with research. Its also great documentation of what we do and what can be done with modern day airguns. Plus, its just plain ole fashioned fun to see stuff blow up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021