Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: This was some 200 yrd fun (a Video must see)

This was some 200 yrd fun (a Video must see)
March 02, 2010 04:46AM
Went on a Coyote hunt this past Sunday and i had no luck. So, i decided to pack up my gear and try some more long range shooting. This time though, i wanted to push it. I had previously tried 75 yrds, then 100 yrds, then 150 yards. Now i wanted to go for the MAJIC........200 yards!!! OK, OK, OK, OK....so 200 yards aint MAJIC.....well, it is too me.....LOL!

Drove around for a minute to a wide open field that i know of and decided to set up there. This was the spot were all the MAJIC would happen. Long story short, i simply ranged off 200 yrds to my truck and set up a couple of water bottles to start with. 2 big white 1 gallon jugs sitting in the sun would definitely stand out clearly and make for easy target aquisition. Fill them with water, and i would be able to tell when i hit them. Now, time to air up my gun to 3500 psi, drop my tailgate and pull out my chair, install the bipod on the rifle and start trying to hit the bottles. EASY RIGHT????!!

Now, as you watch the video, listen and watch the LAG time of the bullet in flight. Also, the camera moves slightly left to right. Thats because of the wind and yes, the camera is mounted on a TRIPOD. It was pretty windy while shooting this video. All day as a matter of fact.

Here we go then:

March 02, 2010 02:26PM
Great shooting! That setting reminded me of "How the WEST was won!" What a place to shoot. And, you say you own all of that? That's FINE!!

bowing

Thanks for the post. Looks like you have that rifle dialed in.

thumbs up

Gary
March 02, 2010 10:51PM
Nice shooting Ced! Thanks for posting, it's nice to see someone get out and shoot.

Looks like the tune is holding up nice. The slugs still have plety of energy at that range.
March 03, 2010 03:57AM
Thank you gentlemen. Boy are big bores fun. Its gets better and better everytime i go out with the gun.
March 03, 2010 06:21AM
That's pretty cool! 200 yards is really long range for airgun. Good job!
March 03, 2010 06:19PM
Great shooting Ced, 200yds that's really stretching it! You've really got the ballistics spot on for that gun/slug combo.

Nice to see someone shooting a bigbore! Thanks for sharing.

Kent
March 05, 2010 06:18AM
I had to watch it again Tofaz! In the wind and all, well done!
Cheers
Neil
April 19, 2010 10:47PM
I njust watched it again too. 200 yards is a real challenge and it's nice to see someone do it...and have the room!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021