Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 liter bottle split in half @ 45 yards: (SLOW MO)

2 liter bottle split in half @ 45 yards: (SLOW MO)
April 18, 2010 03:29PM
Here is a video from my outing yesterday. Decided the weather was too nice to pass up an opportunity to shoot so, off i went. I set up this water filled 2 liter coke bottle at 45 yards away and then set up my video camera. I then filled my JH457 to 3600 psi and then loaded one of my special EXPLODING TIPPED HP BULLETS (ok, not really exploding tipped but it is a HP..lol) and started the camera to filming in 420 FPS slow motion. And this is what happened at the shot:

Re: 2 liter bottle split in half @ 45 yards: (SLOW MO)
April 18, 2010 04:05PM
Well! That was dramatic. thumbs up

The reappearance of the top of the container was unexpected. haha. Very good. I like your video edit skills. Fun.

smileys with beer

Gary
April 18, 2010 04:55PM
Thanx GB.

Yeah, i had another bottle at 75 yard and when i shot it, the top flew straight up and the bottle got pushed 5-6ft to the right (impact was low left), then 20 seconds later, the top comes down to the right and hit the bottle and bounces off. It was pretty cool but the vid is pretty grainy. What i like about videos either slow mo or real time is the fact that when you shot, you just don't see what happens upon and after impact. It happens sooo fast. But video captures it all.
April 19, 2010 07:42AM
Nice one Tofaz! I thought it would split vertically not across the middle...truly cut it in halfnot lookin' good Good film work.
Cheers
Neil
April 19, 2010 04:30PM
Thanx Neil.

Did you guys notice the bullet fly off to the UPPER LEFT after passing through the bottle. Thats crazy
April 19, 2010 10:52PM
Cool vid Ced! I was trying to watch it at work but that didn't work out so I had to wait.. Nice shooting and video work. It's funny how the slugs will veer off. I made a video (or Gary might have done the camera work) of a shot on a paint can, the hit was just a nick and while the can spun off, the slug veered wildly to the left like it had hit a steel plate not just a tin can...
April 20, 2010 12:50AM
That is a cool video! I like it, good job!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021