Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A couple quick vids

A couple quick vids
February 01, 2009 06:23PM
I got a new tripod the other day so after using it to get chrony data I decided I might as well use it for the camera as well. We had to set-up in the shade for safety reasons but the video still came out useable.

The first shot was shooting a 178gr slug from the Prairie III into a row of bottles filled with water. The shot was taken from 40 yards. The slug came to rest in the 6th bottle. When I flip through the video frame by frame I can see the slug is almost into the 6th bottle before the first bottle has much of a reaction.

Since the last bottle did not get hurt on the first shot we had to shoot it separately. This shot was a 430gr slug from the Woodsman smoothbore also from 40 yards.

center4.jpg
A nice center hit there. Not bad from a smoothy!

I decided to take one more video before I lost the light. Time for a little lead rain...

The center jug was about half full of ice so it didn't fly off like the others. This shot was at about 20 yards and the shell had over 800gr of birdshot! We don't usually load the shells so big but it still worked. I'm waiting now for one of those flocks of birds to come swarming in...

jug2.jpg
Since the shot was only at 20 yards I aimed below all the jugs, looks like I still got plenty of shot on target.

exit.jpg
I thought this was kind of neat. Even with the huge load there was still good penetration and enough energy for the shot to exit the jugs. That plastic is pretty tough when you have that many little balls taking a share of the available energy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2009 07:18PM by Jerry.
Re: A couple quick vids
February 02, 2009 03:05AM
Very neat! All true - when you figure the fpe for one of those little grains of shot going X fps ... it wouldn't come out to much. Being so small, it's surprising how much of a punch it makes!

Gary
February 02, 2009 03:33AM
love those SLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWW MOOOO videos jerry. Very nice man. That air shotgun is soooo cool.

Please keep making them videos.
February 02, 2009 04:58AM
Jerry,

I didn't even have to read the caption to know it was the "area denial" weapon. That load takes out a square yard of area.eye popping smiley
February 02, 2009 05:41PM
You killed Mr Bubbles! google eyes

I have that piece of Plexi here. We've gotta try out some close-up slow-mo videos.

-- Jim
February 02, 2009 08:15PM
No, no, no, I very carefully shot through the drain hole below Mr. Bubbles so as to avoid any bubble carnage... drinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021