Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Monsoon goes high speed

Monsoon goes high speed
February 01, 2009 09:11PM
Ever wonder why folks want semi-auto guns when one well placed shot at a time ought to do what needs getting done? Well, shooting semi-auto is just fun! It had been a while since I had the Monsoon out for some shooting so I pulled it out today as I was having so much fun making pointless videos. I thought maybe some of you have heard of this gun from FX and were wondering if its loud or does it really shoot well as a semi-auto gun etc.. Well, this gun is dead accurate and it does what FX claims. Mine is a walnut stocked .22 that has a 12 round magazine. You really can shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger. The recoil is so low it is negligible and staying on target is easy. In deliberate fire the gun will shoot sub-half inch groups at 50 yards. Shooting fast one can keep all 12 shots inside an inch at that range while watching the swinging targets dance. In the video below I shoot 12 rounds in about 6 seconds or less and they all either hit the swinger at 40 yards or went where the swinger was supposed to be but happened to be horizontal! I really like this gun as it is very accurate, gets 36 shots on a fill, puts out 29.5-30 FPE per shot and its pretty quiet too. Oh, it is very light weight as well. This is not an inexpensive gun but given the performance, I'd say it is a good value.

Enjoy the videos. I'm just about motivated to get out the Drozd this week and film some full auto!

If you listen carefully you can hear Chris' shots hitting the spinner.
Re: Monsoon goes high speed
February 02, 2009 06:29PM
Indeed Jerry,

monsoon is quality gun: accurate, reliable and very light weight. Many of people here have FX guns... those are made in Sweden (neighbor country to Finland).
Re: Monsoon goes high speed
February 02, 2009 08:25PM
Yes, I've been pleasently surprised by the reliability. I've put thousands of rounds through that gun and the only thing I've had to do is change a breech O-ring and keep it oiled. The light weight is kind of surprising at first but welcome. The accuracy is very good as well. I had some fun a while back by shooting a .62 slug into a 4x4, I then put a couple dozen .22 pellets into the base of the .62 slug. It made an interesting bit of sculpture!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021