Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Window Cavern…

The Window Cavern…
February 13, 2011 02:40AM
Hi guys,

No shooting for me on this weekend. crying

Either way, I want to share with you one of the beauties of Puerto Rico. For me it’s a shame that I have lived in this island for so long and there are so many wonders in Puerto Rico that I haven’t discovered or seen.

The place that I want to share with you is called “Cueva Ventana” or the Window Cave. It’s placed on a public land and it’s not a reserve or a forest park. You will not find stairs, a guided trail or a person that explain to you the risks involved in cave exploring. You just get there, park your car on the side of the road and start walking. Once you are on the cave entrance, hope for the best and walk into the cave, walk for 10 minutes or so and after a while you will understand why name of the cave...

On your way thru the cavern you will find amazing mineral and or rock formations like the ones in this photo.

DSCN9791.jpg

It’s a very dark place, so having a flash light is a must. A lot of visitors use their cellular phones to light up their way. And after some walking and maybe some frustration, a few more steps and there you see it…

DSCN9777.jpg

So how big this window is? For me it’s the larger and most beautiful one I’ve ever seen…

Hope that you enjoy…

Julio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2011 02:47AM by Julio.
Re: The Window Cavern…
February 13, 2011 04:04AM
That's a nice window view!
February 13, 2011 01:57PM
Amazing. Congratulations. I hope you had fun. Did you take your daughter with you?

Gary
February 13, 2011 02:05PM
No, this pictures were taken some time ago. I hope to go with her on this next Summer.

Julio
February 13, 2011 05:08PM
man....thats niiiice!

thanx 4 sharing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021