Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Amazing inmate

Amazing inmate
March 14, 2011 09:41PM
You think the stories are crazy. Some are not. Today, I was the subject of an O.J. type traffic stop.

I'd hooked up my small trailer, with yard waste and a bit of junk. Was driving thru Westminster at 4pm. Traffic there, then, is nuts. At THE busiest point ... at least 4 lanes of traffic - jammed up ... I hear a siren. I see lights behind me. I merge to let them around. The follow me. I merge again ... and they follow.

Gosh ... I wonder if something fell from the trailer? The road is packed. There's no place to pull over that isn't very dangerous to myself and everybody else. I'm approaching a three lane bridge. Certainly can't stop on there. I have my signal on, and proceed across the bridge - another fifty yards. By then, there's another cop beside me - lights and siren blaring. The guy is wildly pointing ... and actually steering into my lane. They are actually trying to stop me on this bridge, run me off the road ... or both!

I proceed across, and immediately on the other side is an exit lane. I take to that, and then to the shoulder. All Hell's broken loose ... and I'm a nervous wreck. The only thing they didn't have was helicopter gun ships. I have my window down, and my hands on the sill (lest I be shot on sight) .... and a State Police officer comes stalking up to the truck and announces that my yard trailer's tag has expired ..... stunned

In rush hour traffic ... with crazy traffic ... on a bridge ... I'd still stopped within less than a block. And I get reamed for "Failure to yield".

I seriously feel alone in the realm of sanity anymore.

Gary
Re: Amazing inmate
March 15, 2011 12:05AM
Revenue. Our wonderful governor finally figured out he's not going to be able to balance the budget any more with stimulus, so he's doing it on the backs of us taxpayers by enforcing every minuscule fine on the books.

Brought to you by the same state that is cutting the number of teachers per classroom while refusing to get rid of redundant school system administrators. By the same state trying to raise the gas tax by 10 cents while the Middle East instability is making oil prices go through the roof. By the same state trying to pass in-state college tuition rates for illegal aliens.

Yeah, we've had about enough of MD. FL residency looks better and better by the day. rant

-- Jim
March 15, 2011 12:17AM
TAKE ME WITH YOU .....

I don't eat much anymore ...... More coffee
March 16, 2011 01:25AM
I want to go back too!
March 18, 2011 06:20PM
You guys should hop on that ship
Photobucket
and come live in Christchurch. The police are way to busy manning cordons to worry about vehicle registration. And, you won't need to shake your margarita, as Mother Nature will do that for free any old time!!whistling
Hehe
Neil
March 19, 2011 01:56AM
Thanks for the invite Neil. Sounds good! hahah.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021