Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rambling

Rambling
May 26, 2011 02:18AM
It's Wed. evening. The week is going pretty fast. I've been working alot. The weather moderated, and the headaches left with it. Hope they stay away. What a better world when you don't have a headache and the pain is turned down ... who knew? haha.

A million things to do. I've been doing the first hundred thousand .. ;?)

Took the trailer to the landfill today too .. and had another fascinating discussion with a guy there about bamboo. If you are a lonely person ... plant bamboo. You will never again lack for a topic, anywhere. heheh.

I've been doing some stock work today. Did some casting this morning. Working toward taking a few things to the range. I have a couple of tasks. I'd like to also try to get an idea if Joe's new slugs will fly. I need to do some more tuning work. The design allows for hammer weights, and I want to do some thorough testing there. I'm ready mechically, just need the time.

One of the biggest stresses with the craft, is just knowing that you can only be doing one thing at a time. Oh ... I can set up something in the horizontal band saw and go do something else while it saws ... but, that's not much gain. While I have several projects running, still ... it's one operation, on one part ... at a time. And, it just takes as long as it's going to take.

One of the ways I know when I'm done for the day, is when it just starts seeming to be TOO MUCH effort to set up for the next operation. Always something to tear down first. Then there's resetting the machine speeds, changing out collets, perhaps changing vises and or clamps,

More later,

Gary
Re: Rambling
May 26, 2011 01:13PM
HI Gary,
I'm glad you're feeling better and making progress. It looks like the worst of the weather is burning itself out before it gets to you. That may save you some pain as well. Hope to hear that your weather gets back to being dryer and you send some of that moisture this way.

Take care,

Kent
May 26, 2011 08:47PM
Hi Kent,

Well, the weather turned the corner. Now it's extremely hot and humid. However; the shop is nice and cool thanks the the honkin' big A/C unit Jerry helped me install.

Might have to do the same thing for the war wagon! Another idea! Temps in the 90's, in the sun, in an aluminum box. Hummm ... could be a tad warm. Hopefully I'll get some range time over the long weekend. Not that the days are any different to me, one from the next ... but, Drs. appt. tomorrow am, Kelly comes home tomorrow evening.

I'm trying to get Joe's rifle into some wood to test these slugs. The shop has been in a snit today. I finally left for awhile, to just let it think about what it's done. (Hey - it worked with Jerry last time when he took old/fat pics of me). hahah. wink

Man ... it's hot. Haven't been cooling this floor with Kelly away.

I want to go shooting. How about you guys ... anybody shooting anything they own?

Gary
May 26, 2011 08:54PM
Just shot a 64 at Cedar point golf course! First time out this year and I was driving the ball like one of the big boys... Oh, that's not what you were talking about is it? smiling smiley

Hey, I have about 50 old useless CDs here, are they good targets?
May 26, 2011 09:01PM
Unless that was for 9 holes ... then that's professional territory, isn't it? Are you telling us that you have "yet another superhuman gift?" bowing

We could find out about the CDs. I'd fear they would shatter into very sharp spikes. Probably end up in Jim's manly legs when he wears shorts to the range. hahah. whistling Can't have that! eye popping smiley

Now .... with just a backing of duct tape, they'd sure shine in the sunlight. Be like shooting at the glint of the enemy's scope! surrender

Gary
May 27, 2011 03:40PM
That 64 was actually a team score for 3 of us in a captain's choice event. I left out that detail just to see what comment it might spark...apparently, you're the only one to bust me "out loud!"

Duct tape! Another use has been found! If we tape a CD, we can make the hole in the middle the target....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021