Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So ....

So ....
May 27, 2011 01:22PM
I wake up ... startled excited What time is it????? Am I late??? 2am. eye rolling smiley Go back to sleep. Whoooh!!! I drifted off there!!! eye popping smiley What time is it??? 2:25am. More sad ALL NIGHT LONG .... just because I had an 8:30 Drs. appt.

So; after about a year of that, the night mercifully ended. I'm off to the Drs. I come up behind this old GMC van ... being peddled by an old fossil (even older than me). And the "stare down" begins. Once he's spotted me ... he's sure I'm up to no good. He rarely looks through his own windshield ... he can't turn his back on me .... so he drives staring in his side view mirror ... at me. And, on we proceed .... thru Spring ... into Summer .... Past Fall. I fear I'm going to be late now.

We get to a three way stop ... of course, he goes the direction I need to go. We proceed on, never taking his eye off me. We get to a four way stop .... he goes my direction. It was a harsh Winter, and we didn't make much time during those months. By next Spring ... we had come to a sixteen way stop. He thinks ... stares me down ... and goes my direction ... Duuuhh!!!!! hot smiley When we get to the 132 way stop, two miles from the Drs. office ... for a half an hour there ... I think he's going to go North 32 1/2 degrees. Nope ... he's going my way.

I get to the Drs. office ... convinced they will take my BP and rush me into intensive care. Instead ... they look at the computer .... ahhhh .... what's your last name? B-a-r-n-e-s ...... ahhhhhhh .............. "Gary, right?" Yes .,.. ya had me going there for a mome...... "We don't have you down for this morning ..... " But, but, but, but .... it's written on my calendar ... and everything ... crying I'd try to fit you in .... but I couldn't even try until 2:15pm.

Ok ... I'll just wait.

NO .... of course I didn't wait. I came home. But ... I did run into the Doc sneaking in late, in the hall ... as I was leaving. Told him the new meds were working great. Thanked him. Shook his hand ... skipped off down the hallway whistling ..... Left him standing there, slack jaw. hahahah.

Nah ... he's a great guy. He's been a big help. Office has been very courteous. I can't imagine what got screwed up. Just Gary's law I guess. But ... I'm back and I can try out Joe's new machine cutter. As soon as I make a special new milling machine I need for this gun of Joe's .....

laughing again

Gary
Re: So ....
May 28, 2011 06:53PM
Well at least they didn't get the chance to take your blood pressure....they might not have let you go home..injured
But isn't it always the way, stuck behind a slow guy when you are in a hurry!
Regards
Neil
Re: So ....
May 28, 2011 07:36PM
It's a global conspiracy Neil. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out When you live in the fast lane, like me ... heheheh .... it's very stressful waiting for all the little people to get out of the way! laughing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021