Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Computer issues

Computer issues
June 01, 2011 01:36PM
If I go dark ... we've been having a boat load of issues with our computer stuff. Reboot the modem about six times a day. Sometimes the phones are out. Spent a bunch of time in an e-mail tech chat with "Mahboob". No - that's who it was. Everybody laughs at my tech savy ... but even I picked up on mistakes Mahboob made. He insisted upon doing the Vulcan mind meld with Kelly's computer ... which oddly had mouse problems this morning. I looked and could not find a bunch of residual crap loaded on it ... but who knows. They make you go thru hoops to simply confirm your network's password. Yes .... we had it written down ... but it wouldn't accept what we thought it was. Talked to the guy for 30 minutes - mind meld ... whole nine yards ... just to get the password. I was trying to use an older laptop to listen to radio, on-line, in the shop. That was a bust too. The network won't reach to any computer but my newest office one. And, when the older one does receive ... it evidently doesn't have the players loaded for whatever the radio station is streaming. Then, it will go to sleep and you simply CANNOT wake it up. What a real ..... NORMAL experience with computers.

We're still down to a wire in the window from the box on the side of the house. They claim there's something wrong in our wiring. Of course ... the fact that we are NOT USING the wiring in the house should tell something. The darned modem went out about four times while I tried to post something last night ... I gave up after banging my head on the wall throughout the day.

So; there ya go. Another day in 2011 ... need a computer to flush the toilet. 100% of the population is totally dependant upon devices that not 1% remotely understand. (Pushing the correct button does not mean you can fix it). Even Mahboob was having issues yesterday. You know it's bad then.

Gary
Re: Computer issues
June 01, 2011 04:21PM
Gary,

It may not be your particular problem but it seems Mac has become as popular as Microsoft:
[www.zdnet.com]

Lon
June 01, 2011 07:14PM
Hi Lon,

I had to cell phone Kelly, downstairs, to have her reboot the modem before I could check e-mail and the forum. It's endless. What a crock.

Yeah ... if you come here for opinions, I'll tell you sometime, what I think of hackers and what they'd be doing a day after I became Emperor.

The endless cat and mouse of planed obsolecence is another one of my poor subjects. How'd you like it if I made my guns so that they'd work crappy in a year, and just be a total joke in three years.

But - I'm just an old crab. The world is for the nerds sitting in their mother's basements. We, who are over fifty, are doomed to spend hours talking to India, in order to simply do basic tasks.

Gary
June 02, 2011 05:05AM
Gary,

If rebooting your modem/access point gets you going, it sounds like it's failing.
June 02, 2011 01:12PM
Thanks Lon,

We're going to have a tech come out. You know ... they threaten you with $90 just to show up ... if it's noit their issue. So; we've gone thru what diagnostic we could.

Yeah - the modem dies, several times a day. Reboot has always cured it, for a while.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021