Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Weekend

The Weekend
June 06, 2011 02:33AM
a_Brian_Vic32.jpg

The Week ended with a gun complete, tested, sighted in, packed, and waiting for confirmation to ship. A great way to end the week.

a_Chance_Bryce.jpg

My twin grandsons, Chance and Bryce, visited for the day ... while their Mom was out. Nana gave them a bath and dressed them "Friday Casual" ... hahah.

a_dinner.jpg

I had help with dinner on the patio ... a break between projects. (The dining canopy is "down" because it takes the wind gusts better that way ... seems we get one each time I extend the legs ... and they get torn up ... bummer. We had these canopies up for years ... no problem. Then, we've had several ruined with little mini bursts". It's also nice to go in under there for privacy when the legs are down. hahaha.

a_bug.jpg

What kind of bug is this? It walked a mile around this plastic cup rim .... haahah

a_Gary_fence,jpg.jpg

Some years back ... I ran across some ornate steel fencing material at Lowes. It came in sections. Interlinked with the inserted steel post. It had gate units .... had a nice look ... was affordable. I got a bunch of it, installed same around half the back yard. It matched the gardens well ... and began to rust. It peeled, and rusted. I wire brushed and spray touched it up. It responded by flaking and rusting. Big curled hard potato chips of paint/rust hanging on by one end. I countered by scraping, heavy wire wheeling, and painting. We went round and round like this, for about the last five years. ENOUGH!!!!!

So; I've been installing a picket fence around the yard. Kelly tells me we have to "maintain" the place. Hummmm.

a_boys.jpg

And, so went the weekend.

It was a good one. Hope yours was too. thumbs up

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2011 02:39AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: The Weekend
June 06, 2011 03:17PM
Gary,

Those kids are not properly attired, those should be "Barnes Pneumatic" shirts.

That bug looks like the rare, deadly West Nile Spider. It's an invasive species that leaves a deadly toxin on it's trail as it walks.The Reaper

Nice pistola! Love those.wow

Lon
June 08, 2011 05:33AM
Love the combination of pics. Very creative. Family, guns, working in the yard, a WEIRD looking spider....too cool.
June 08, 2011 11:31PM
Nice looking yard there, Gary.

The best part is the "pants optional" casual Friday dress code.grinning smiley

I suspect that Kelly just might not let you post that on the internet if it applied to the proprieter. blush
June 10, 2011 06:32PM
Yeah ... the baby blue sweat band is nearly all anyone can stand, as it is. hahaha.

LOL!

Gary
June 10, 2011 07:49PM
Gary, I couldn't help but notice that the sweatband matches your jeans, and the gloves match your shirt. Great colour coordination!
Nice post, and I bet it feels good to have another Barnes masterpiece out the door.
Cheers
Neil
June 10, 2011 09:50PM
Gary used to runway model before he moved to ballroom dancing and then the knife gig. Did you notice how he accessorized with a tape and level in contrasting yellow? Some people just get style!
June 10, 2011 10:27PM
scared

-- Jim
June 11, 2011 02:34AM
That's OK Jim ... I'll bet YOU noticed that my pocket Sharpie ALSO matched my headband. Green bowing

By this time in life, ONE can recognize JEALOUSY when ONE sees same .... whistling

"festive"

Gary
June 13, 2011 12:47AM
OK ... to close that loop ... here is that same area where I was planting the fence post, today .....

a_fence.jpg

HG Tour 002.JPG

As another curious topic, for some ... our trees go nuts with surface roots. They love to grow up under walkways, and heave them skyward. I think the moisture under the walks must attract the roots to the surface? Anyway ... they are a pain, and tripping hazard. Note the size of this pest.

HG Tour 006.JPG

I built this blade to go on my heavy hand grinder. Couple of rough teeth in a heavy smooth edged flywheel disc of 1/2" steel. The teeth are welded in and set to just take a bite of about 3/16" as they come around. The teeth are heat treated to take the abuse. The blade does not grab as a blade of all teeth would. 99% of the circle, the blade is riding on the smooth rim. When the tooth comes around, the flywheel keeps it smoothly turning.

HG Tour 009.JPG

It just eats wood ... planes off the wood ... throws truckloads of shavings that looks like a beaver made them. My theory is this: Since the life of the wood is just below the bark ... and this removes the bark and half the wood into the heart ... then I hope the root will not regenerate in this removed direction. (Can't wait until Dory reads this .... hahaha). We'll see. But - for now ... the roots are planed down, and the walk is patched.

HG Tour 021.JPG

Hey ... the Fireman's Carnaval was this week. Wed. night was the parade. Here is our town's brand new state of the art firetruck!!! hahah,.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 12:51AM by barnespneumatic.
June 13, 2011 12:56AM
Just FYI ... the shield is removed in that pic of the grinder and blade. All the normal safety rules apply. Read and understand all the safety rules provided, in six languages, with all your tools ... Stay safe. Don't do this at home. thumbs up

Gary
June 13, 2011 01:26AM
a_treeman.jpg

Evening ... in the garden ... coffee
June 13, 2011 03:57AM
Gary,

I took one look at that grinder and it reminded my of a news story down here a few years ago. Youg guy tried to trim a tree with a circular saw blade attached to a grinder. The grinder bucked when it touched the branch and traveled down his chest. He was alive when the paramedics rolled up and they commented that it was the most gruesome thing they had seen to date.

Icuidado!

Lon
June 13, 2011 01:10PM
Now Lon ...

I find that difficult to believe ... More sad

Living in Miami ... a little thing like THAT ... cannot be THE most gruesome thing they'd ever seen .... whistling

grinning smiley

Gary
June 13, 2011 03:53PM
They were rookies..

Lon
June 13, 2011 05:24PM
I was thinking more of ... South Beach. haha. I've seen more gruesome stuff than you describe, on "Miami Ink". smileys with beer

Gary
June 13, 2011 11:40PM
OK I'll bite.

Yeah, my driveway has a couple of places of root lift. I just keep filling the cracks in. Some day I'll have to make the decision of surgery or raise the whole section of the driveway with new asphalt.

I just redid my patio with new paver's. So hopefully it will be several years before I have to lift it.

I don't have monster cherry, just large trees.

Depending on species of tree and how big root is, and how close, to trunk. It can eventually cause heart rot in your tree.

I'm only a tree hugger when there used for shade and landscaping. Otherwise trees are money. Dory
June 14, 2011 05:45AM
Dory.

show us your trees! laughing
June 14, 2011 04:44PM
OH Gary!

Lucky you; I see that you already got the latest fire truck model. We are still using the steam powered ones… I love that tree with the face. Nice idea and picture.

Julio
June 14, 2011 05:46PM
Hello Julio,

What face? I was just fiddling with the camera's menu, and it went off .... cooler
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021