Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Modem spotty ...

Modem spotty ...
June 21, 2011 01:41PM
new one in the mail from carrier. Might go dark here. Kelly spent two hours on the phone yesterday trying to sort it out again.

Gary
Re: Modem spotty ...
June 21, 2011 10:59PM
It's not the modem . . . it's the network. Mine has good days and really really bad days.

-- Jim
June 22, 2011 01:50AM
Hi Jim,

Direct TV Satallite guys ran endless diagnostics, from their location ... determined to send us another modem. It arrived today. I hooked it up. It asked for username and password. We just went thru an hour and a half confirming that a couple of weeks ago (with Mahboob ... remember?). I entered it, it didn't accept it. I tried various things. Various versions of the same. It threw me off. Slammed the door. Great. More sad

We're running on the old one again now ... the one that needs to be rebooted 8 times a day. I hate this stuff. It's been going on for months.

Kelly will call again tomorrow.

Gary
June 22, 2011 09:05AM
Like I said . . . it's the network. Nothing on your end changed, so it had to be something they changed. They'll send out a crew to placate you, and claim it's your modem and / or your wiring, but it won't work right until they fix whatever they changed on their network. We've been thru many iterations of this with Comcast as they have "upgraded" their network over the years. chainsaw

-- Jim
June 22, 2011 05:06AM
Gary,

You woke up one day and this started to happen? It worked flawlessly until a couple of weeks back?

Lon
June 22, 2011 01:41PM
HI Lon,

No ... it's been going on for months. And, we've been trying to track it down and isolate it for months. Unfortunately Jim, they won't send someone out to placate me. They want $90 for them to get out of the car. And, when we called to make an appt. for that ... they came up with sending a modem, after their supposed diagnostic testing.

Personally, I hate all this crap. If I delivered systems like this ... to perform like this ... it would be a scandal. You couldn't reach me - ever. You'd never get accurate fill or ammo instructions. The gun might work, or not ... and you'd never know why either way. When it did work, it would be a total mystery to you ... so you could never duplicate another accurate shot. The gun would look much like a sphere, with little barrels sticking out of it at dozens of places. It would spin violently, on five axis, and shake while doing so. It would be up to you to aim it. It would fire at random, and jam frequently. And, you'd be locked in with a two year contract.

Gary
June 22, 2011 01:45PM
BTW ... We HAVE all been assimilated into the Collective. Did you hear about the new systems to PUSH text messages from the administration to you ... and burn thru whatever you are doing. Nobody will leave the house without their cell or smart phone. Half the people you see have blue lights in their ear and head gear. Nobody has an unexpressed thought anymore.

BORG
June 22, 2011 02:53PM
Gary,

There are tools to monitor network throughput. It might be interesting to have a window open watching how much data is being transfered while working. It may help to determine if it's your hardware or ISP.

This is with Apples iTunes streaming radio. If you see flat lines in the wave you can suspect your ISP.
TaskMan.JPG

Lon
June 22, 2011 03:42PM
Kelly just spent another hour in India. She got the new modem configured and all our networks and passwords renamed, etc. For now - it works. Who knows why. (Retorical question .... please don't tell me ... ). why me
Gary
June 22, 2011 07:30PM
interesting gun. Sounds like something the government would buy.

If you take the idea and cut the bad parts out. Let's see. Round ball, multiple barrels, 3 axis spin. And works every time. Sounds like a Barnes special edition. Use it for pest management. Set it up in barn. Lock out the farm animals. Use your non- penetrating rounds. Have a remote camera. Sit in your study and blast them. Ha Ha Dory
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021