Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh ... what a beautiful MORnin' ... singing

Oh ... what a beautiful MORnin' ... singing
October 10, 2011 09:10PM
The testing last night, REALLY went well. Great numbers. The tuning yesterday went great. I was stoked.

This morning, I really wanted to go test what I found out last evening in shop testing. But; I just HAD to go to Walmart to pick up meds. Before they restock the stuff. HAD to go to Bank and post office. First fun came when I decided to drive my rag top. Beautiful day great to get some air. Dead battery. Haha. Yeah ... Then I found out it's a Holiday and they were all wasted efforts.

I went to Walmart and took care of some office stuff via iPhone while waiting for one more script. That's turning into a great tool.

Came home - daylight is burning. I start looking for what I need to test the 62 portion of the gun. Can't find any sizing stuff. Been sent out I guess. I can probably blame Jerry for one or so - but not the whole lot of them. I swear ... some idiot thief broke in and only stole those sizing dies. So; of course ... to continue with testing, I had to machine a die. And, that was a circus.

With the die sort of made ... I do a quick test and get results different than I remembered. And, can't lay my hands on that data. Finally find that.

That's when Jerry texts that he's found a great new slug. So - that takes some 'splainin'.

Anyway ... I'm finally leaving town and recall I'm very low on gas. Nevermind ... we don't need no stinking gasoline .... TO THE RANGE!!

I get to the farm opposite the range lane ... and TWO of THE most ENORMOUS manure spreaders ever to be built .... are blocking the road. One turning into the farm - one heading out. A relay. If you are a city slicker .... these things are "liquid manure" spreaders. Yes - just the words on the page leave a taste in your mouth. They have a impeller that shoots a torent of foul .... ah .... cow maure ..... about fifty yards to the side. They cover a field in nothing flat. And - there are two of them in relay. Dairy farms convey their ... ah .... yeah .... into a huge "holding tank" the size of a pond where it's liquified to just the right creamy consistency. It's occasionally pumped out and spread (very carefully) as fertilizer, on the fields. Well, I knew where they were going.

So; I watch and follow as the one outgoing ... turns into the lane to go back to the range field. You know ... I didn't even flinch. Didn't beat my head on the steering wheel ... nothing. I just calmly drove by the lane ... found a place to turn ... and drove back to town with no gasoline.

When I got to town, I promptly forgot to go to the filling station ... so I circled all around to backtrack. Got there ... and it was packed. It's hard to get in and out of there because of the difficult trianglar parking lot and entrances from two roads. A guy was standing beside a Jurasic Linclon which was blocking one entire bank of pumps. I stopped behind him, with my trailer tail in the road. He waved me off saying the pump in front of him was out of order. OK ... I'll wait for you. No man .... there's a huge line inside! And ... it finally dawned ... he had to pay first ... and whoever was paying was shopping and would buy gas when he reached the cash register.

I didn't even flinch. I just backed my trailer out into traffic, and proceeded to leave. There were about a hundred people outside the 7-11. I wondered if it were a flash mob or something. Didn't even care - I just left.

Got back ... and had e-mail from the attorney and realtor of the estate I'm sentenced to manage for my late parents.

I didn't even flinch ....

crazy

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2011 03:10AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Oh ... what a beautiful MORnin' ... singing
October 10, 2011 09:36PM
Aw man.... Thanks for not shooting anyone!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021