Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

coffee!

coffee!
September 27, 2011 04:45PM
I know this is probably a favorite topic for Gary, so here goes. i figure i make coffee about 6 times a day. i can actually have a half a cup of black 5 minutes before bed and sleep like a log. anyone else have the coffee addiction? over the last few years i've gone through 2 different espresso machines.. grinders etc but always go back to the plain Ole cup. i've tried numerous coffee makers and now i think the next purchase will be one of the pourover brewers like chemex. i think their actually made in my home state.still have a nespresso machine that was given as a gift and about to make myself a shot. thanks god this stuff is readily available!
steve
Re: coffee!
September 28, 2011 01:13PM
Hi Steve,

Love the stuff. However; I'm a real drag to "Coffee People". I love "Diner Coffee" ... just plain ole coffee. No fruitie nutty blend. No flavored stuff. No exotic bags. None of it tastes like "coffee" to me. Therefore; I'm just such a disappointment to people. I've had good customers go to extreme lengths to buy the exotic stuff ... plucked from the most choice bush ... growing at about 28,000 feet ... right beside Noah's Ark ... and .... arghhhh ..... nasty.

Then, there are the machines. Assembled by the finest craftsmen. Trained in guilds for sixty years before they make their first compressed volcanic steam contraption. Give me a $15 drip machine from Wally World. AND ... one WITHOUT the cursed two hour shutoff. Ours is on from 6am until midnight. During that time, we've "fluffed it up" about four times. This technical term ... known to but few ... involves pouring about a quart of water into the reservoir again, and adding another scoop of coffee grounds to the previous grounds in the basket. It's a sort of "recycling". Doing my PART to "Give Back" to mother earth.

I too can polish off a nice big mug and go straight to bed. I sleep just fine. It's the waking hours that are the problem for me. haha., Guess that's called "Near Burn Out" syndrome.

Well ... thanks for the topic. I'd suspect someone else would care to join in. I must have certainly stepped on SOME toes here. hahaha. Ah yes ... the "French Press". Now THERE is a fine pc. of French machinery if ever there was one. surrender

heheheh

Gary
September 29, 2011 01:53AM
Oh no Gary, you've got my uncle franks recipe. man that stuff is nasty.... i drink black coffee all day long but it has to be fresh. Not burned...
get yourself a thermos and pour the whole thing in......... much better.
September 29, 2011 02:44AM
Ya see ... right there it is again. Trying to FIX the coffee that I enjoy. hahah.

I don't want as much stuff required to make coffee, as I use to make my guns. ;?) I know it just upsets people, no end, and they can't stand that I enjoy myself with a cup ...

why me

More coffee
September 29, 2011 03:08AM
your right . I hate when people tell me whats good or better for Me. all this talk is making me thirsty... time to make a short potMore coffee
September 29, 2011 03:33AM
Right ... and use some powdered creamer - no sweetner. That's the proper way ... hahhaah.

Gary
September 29, 2011 01:38AM
Diner coffee? That's some fancy stuff right there. I prefer Navy coffee. If it has a little jet fuel after taste, so much the better!

Plain black coffee is about all I drink all day long. The kids in the office with the ever present water bottles don't understand how I continue to live...

I don't like the flavored stuff but I'll never turn down an expresso or a cappucino either.
September 29, 2011 02:45AM
sounds like we have the same coffee tastes. people laugh when they see me drinking a cup on 100 degree days
steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021