Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 'm just sayin'...Xmas is a time of giving..and Mother Nature is giving us hell!!

'm just sayin'...Xmas is a time of giving..and Mother Nature is giving us hell!!
December 23, 2011 03:42AM
Just had a "swarm" of earthquakes, one of them was the 4th biggest since it all started back in September 2010..
[www.stuff.co.nz]
Well, we had hoped it was over but these things just can't be predicted. We will have a Happy Shakey Christmas by the looks of things!!!
Cheers
Neil
Re: 'm just sayin'...Xmas is a time of giving..and Mother Nature is giving us hell!!
December 23, 2011 03:22PM
Boy - you guys have been through it! Sorry for that. Stay safe.

Hey - is my ship OK?

;?)

Gary
December 24, 2011 02:40PM
....Air gun prompts AOS callout on same page.... Where were you ??

Joe
December 25, 2011 05:02PM
Ship's OK Gary, just being re-fitted with a massive workshop, but,,,,,some guy called Santa has just requisitioned it, him and a bunch of elves, Apparently they don't need it for long though....rudolph

Joe, it wasn't me, honest!skeet

Cheers
Neil
December 26, 2011 05:36PM
Wow, sorry to hear your getting hit again just as folks are starting to see progress on repairs and starting to feel more secure. A setback no doubt. Hopefully this series has cleared up the fault pressures for decades to come...
January 05, 2012 04:46PM
Hi Jerry
Thanks, we hope that is the case too! It seems that the eastern end of the main fault is letting off some pressure. The good news according to the seismologists, is that this means the quakes are moving away from the city, out to sea, but due to their magnitude there is little tsunami risk. Let's hope so!
Cheers
Neil
January 05, 2012 05:16PM
Hi Neil,

Man, you better drive some stakes on each side of the fault line, and then stitch it up with some strong rope! Hey - it's a plan! Another idea!

I hope you remain safe. And get your life back to pattern.

Hope your family is well. I remember to keep you in mind.

God Bless,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021