Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This is important

This is important
February 23, 2018 03:08PM
I'll be as quick as possible. But this stuff is important.

I've been putting in long hours. It was 10:30 when I came up from the shop last night after a long day. This is important. I suspect you want to see ... ah heck .... I'm not sure. I try hard to know. I look for clues. If you are speaking to the screen, sorry .... can't hear that. But here's the scoop:

I'm working on several projects people were good to me and ordered. For the Drewke's, for Kurt. Doing my best. Then, I'm making what I can for a retailer I've reached an agreement with. I know you want to drop by and see my newest rifle shooting sub MOA on my range here. You must know that I want the same thing. Do you remember a couple of years ago when I told you my plans. Make and sell items enough to pay the bills so I can work on my Ledger projects that are wrapped in storage. "Yeah! What about that plan - huh?" Well, it's the plan I've been living by. There are enough people who read here, that I could live off of the cost of a cup of coffee from each per month. But, it doesn't happen. I have shown an enormous variety of items. Sold many of the prototypes here. But, the readers forget. That birthday is coming up ... Pendant for the person of honor? Retirement coming up ... office chips in for a $350 custom pocketknife? Christmas. Just a nice gesture gift. Some have. Some do. But not nearly as many as could. I made a silver token for a lady recently. Made a Vest Pocket knife for a lady. A vest Pocket knife for a gift. A Pendant for a lady. I don't show them all. They are private gifts. I'm not gonna try to turn them into a commercial. Thing is, I've tried to get this to be in your minds, for several years now. What else can I do? But these only occur occasionally.

Now; please just give me a minute. And thank you sincerely for reading. Do you have a rough idea of your monthly cash flow? Take the number and cut it in half, a third, a tenth, maybe twenty times. Now, please consider ... how many $75 pendants is that? How many $350 Vest Pocket Knives? Point being, my bills have gone up just like yours. And, I have to gather up that coin "before" I can get out and unwrap those rifle parts. I know that it's instinct to associate "time passing" with issues solved. "I gave you X years ... and you still talk about the same thing!" It's because it's still real. Have you noticed that I haven't disappeared? Still right here everyday. I've been available to each one of you "since day one". Pretty unique when people go thru serious changes in their lives.

I've been putting up work for you to see. To buy if interested. It's been extremely difficult to get feedback. Very hard to get sales. The forum tends to allow one or two people to carry the load if posting a response. Then see what I say about that. And we are done. Next project. What happens is that the forum "wears out" individual posters. They carry the load until they get tired of it. I could list a dozen names who posted very interesting items and comments. Just a few: Jerry, Tofazfou, Rugar, Rotorhead ... just a start.

The reason for this post isn't to rehash. Though some of that is needed for context. Point is ... I have to guess what you want. I can only speculate that it's Airguns. That's great. They take a minimum of three to five weeks. I can't go without income for a month while I work on a back project. You know why it's a "back" project. I suspect most of you would miss a month's wages. Here's the thing. I asked you for help. Buy some small stuff so I can work on the bigger stuff. Many responded. Thank you. And I explained that the purpose was to "grow" that. Tell your friends. Redirect the money you were gonna spend anyway - gifts/holidays. And we'll see me on that Ledger. Yay!!! But, the "grow" part never happened. And the "buy small" happened a couple times and quit. But the "expectation" remained. "There, I bought a belt buckle, now where are the guns?" They are in that "grow" part. I never expected or asked "you" to provide a monthly income for me. Please listen again. Perhaps "redirect" money you were gonna spend anyway. You know that I can make darned near anything. Examples: this last year I made two "horse" themed pendants. I made a "Humpback Whale" Pendant. Made an "Angel" Pendant. Made a "Beach Theme" specifically for someone. Made a "Military Honor Coin" for a Lady. An "Owl" for a Lady. A "Group of Honor Coins". And most likely items I can't recall now. In addition, I made all of the stuff you saw on the forum. But, it takes a lot of small items to clear the month. Far less knives. But, you either are not interested in them, or don't care to ask, don't want to make a payment schedule on a finished piece, or you just correctly don't see it as "your problem".

And, you are so right. It's not your problem. But it sure is mine. So; when I seem a little stressed. Will you consider what a cocktail of "pain, illness, work, and worry" does to someone. It would be nice if every one of my 12, 400+ posts just were as comfortable as a Hallmark Card from your Sweetie. Do you know that I'm "still" coughing my guts out. Makes for an interesting dinner. I "still" haven't been back for that second epidural injection that was scheduled for two weeks after the last one months ago. We canceled my eye Dr. Appt. cause he can't always work for pendants. As I mentioned... you don't know all of each situation. I honestly do try to keep it to a minimum. But - you "are" waiting for things ... so I keep you informed. This is the most effective method. Unless you'd like me to call each of you every week around lunch time. In which case I'd never get anything done at all.

I wrote this today, because the "Blackout" continues. Absolutely no comments or posts all week. You could at least try to communicate with "Crop Circles". I'd understand those better than "total silence". Takeaway: "Grow" the base for items moved so I can first meet our very modest monthly, and "Then" you will see guns. Tell others. We just never develop new buyers. This is why I just have to "Expand into Retail". That will take time I never wanted to take. But, met with "total silence", what would you do?

I respect each of you. I'd hope after all the years of watching me live my life, that you could find some respect here too.

Thanks much for reading,
Gary
Anonymous User
Re: This is important
April 11, 2018 01:18AM
Still here Gary.
April 11, 2018 01:42PM
Thank you Don.

I'm glad you are. I hope things are good for you. I hope that accident didn't have lingering effects.

Gary
April 12, 2018 07:54AM
Gary,

Had a bit of "LIFE" get in the way of my plans but I think I am about to get all my stuff in one sack and send that sack back to the U.S. with me tagging along.

Tell you all about it once I get back up North.

Be safe,

Larry.
April 12, 2018 12:46PM
Good luck Larry,

Been thinking about you.

Yeah, sometimes Life has no manners. Like it was raised in a barn. Ha.

Be Safe. Drop by for Tea. We have a proper tea precisely at 3pm daily. Must keep up civilization.

Thanks for writing

Gary
April 12, 2018 10:00AM
Larry
Good luck and safe travels.
pushingarock
Sometimes things in life happen and all you can do is the best your able . No more no less .

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021