Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Police in different countries - funny

Police in different countries - funny
April 27, 2012 04:41PM
Hello all,

I thought this was kind of funny, an email that went around work. Pretty much sums up what Canada has become. RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) have had a hard time lately and on the news a lot. If they shoot or taser someone, seems there is always someone sueing or reporting police brutality. One elderly man (in BC) died after suffering a heart attack from a taser. Meanwhile he had a knife in a hospital and threatened people with it. Stupid really! Police are suppose to protect and serve, but they have all their resources and tactics questioned.

Pedro

How do you tell the difference between a Canadian Police Officer, an Australian Police Officer and an American Police Officer?

QUESTION: You're on duty by yourself walking on a deserted street late at night.
Suddenly, an armed man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and lunges at you.
You are carrying a Glock 40 and you are an expert shot, however you have only a split second to react before he reaches you.
What do you do?

ANSWER:

CANADIAN POLICE OFFICER:

Firstly the officer must consider the man's Human Rights. (they forgot: Is this really a knife or a ceremonial dagger?)

1) Does the man look poor or oppressed?

2) Is he newly arrived in this country and does not yet understand the law?

3) Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?

4) Am I dressed provocatively?

5) Could I run away?

6) Could I possibly swing my gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?

7) Should I try and negotiate with him to discuss his wrong doings?

8) Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?

9) Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society?

10) Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?

11) If I were to grab his knees and hold on, would he still want to stab and kill me?

12) If I raise my gun and he turns and runs away, do I get blamed if he falls over, knocks his head and kills himself? .

13) If I shoot and wound him, and lose the subsequent court case, does he have the opportunity to sue me, cost me my job, my credibility and the loss of my family home?

AUSTRALIAN POLICE OFFICER:

BANG!

AMERICAN POLICE OFFICER:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! 'click'...Reload...BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
(Sergeant arrives at scene later and remarks: 'Nice grouping!').
Re: Police in different countries - funny
April 27, 2012 10:05PM
Hi Peter,

An awful lot of those Canadian considerations sounded like America today. The Bang, Bang Senerio sounds sort of "pre-1970". We Need You!
April 27, 2012 11:50PM
I liked it!
Anonymous User
May 12, 2014 08:48PM
Head of Polk county police statement on camera, reporter asking him why the suspect was shot 37 time's. His response was, (we ran out of bullet's)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021