Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Life as I know it...

Life as I know it...
November 08, 2012 04:17PM
Hello All,

Just thought I would share a little about whats been going on. My current job is a huge stress in my life. Been looking at changes and had one offer,but it requires moving to another province. It would be great, but not ready for it. Wife really wanted to move as her job has come to an end due to politics with staff and the stress it caused. We took a drive out to Alberta to visit an area we thought would be nice to move to. Had some cousins in the area so we visited a little as well.

I was also approached by a recruiting company for a job representing a large tooling manufacturer, requires travel, but I do not need to move. So praying about it all and see what happens.

On top of all this been on medication for months (started late last summer) due to a stomach issue. Docs aren't sure if its a bacteria or ulcer, but I finally convinced them it was time to do a scope test. Tired of the pain, not wanting to eat due to digestion upsets, etc. So next week going under and having the doc check my stomach to determine what the cause hopefully is.

Airgun related.... I have two builds I had hoped to do this winter. Another 22 but with heavy pellets and then get into bigbore starting with 308 CAL.

Been doing some CAD design for a new client and that has kept my evenings busy here and there. But now hopefully can focus back on a hobby I enjoy. I miss working on airguns, and looking forward to getting into the building again.

Thanks for reading, enjoy the rest of your week!

Pedro G.
Re: Life as I know it...
November 09, 2012 02:54AM
I have said a prayer for you Pedro. The stress of the unknown is quite powerful. You have a lot of things concerning you. I hope you get clarity.

Life is a full time occupation. Not for the faint. I wish you the best, and thank you for sharing. thumbs up

Gary
November 09, 2012 04:25PM
Gary,

Thanks! Prayers are always appreciated.

Life is an occupation alright! Good thing we can leave things in the hands of God that cares for us, and knows whats best.

Caught this on Pinterest last night....
"Sometimes God doesn't change your situation because He's trying to change your heart"

Hanging in there. Lots of stress again today!

Thanks again,

Pedro
November 10, 2012 02:33AM
Hi Pedro,
Sometimes, there just doesn't seem to be a good reason. I've looked at situations in my life before ... and tried to see where I went wrong. What was wrong with my motive or effort. No answer. I've always tried to consider ... "what's God teaching?" And, that also might not yield an answer. At the end, there are things that God just "allows". I've always struggled with the book of Job. Godly man. Hounded by Satan - even his family struck down. And, I've struggled with ... WHY??? Just sounds wrong from every angle of logic. Just had a discussion with someone down here the other evening about the very thing. And, he said that God forbid Satan to take Job's life. He allowed all manner of other evil to touch him. I can't say why. But - the bottom line is that "God was and remains the final say on what is allowed". Honestly, I never liked when people told me that God's purposes are beyond our understanding. Surely that is true. However; we can understand logic, and fairness, and justice. When we see those abused, it's disturbing. It's never helped me to have the obvious truth obscured by smoke. So; I've had to cling to, and perhaps it might also be a help to you; to remember that there are simply many things that God allows. Period. Time changes things. I also just keep trying. Constantly trying. I'm not aware that God said we just have to sit and take it. winking smiley Final thoughts: God does have a completely different perspective then we do. He understand what's next - so he won't show much sympathy for our efforts on something he knows will soon pass. Little "for instance example" ... We might bust our knuckles and get rust in our eyes trying to fix that old worn out truck one more time. We might wonder why on earth God won't hold a wrench for us. But He knows that Tuesday we are going to see an affordable truck sitting for sale, that makes our current efforts unnecessary. I always wish he'd just tell me, but he does it as he pleases.
Know that many, many people struggle with daily life. And wish for some comfort in the effort. Sometimes, it's just not time for the answer to be revealed. It will come.
God Bless,
Gary
November 10, 2012 05:22PM
Hi Gary,

Thanks for your detailed reply. Job is an interesting book to read. Like you said, Godly man, and why? Lost everything, wealth, family, friends, and health. Even his wife wanted him to "curse God and die". Job 2:9 Then his wife said to him, "Do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God and die."

Yeah, so my stress is little when weighed in the balance of what others are going through. It is hard to understand why things happen, but like you pointed out in the example, we toil at things when God already has something better worked out.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I caught this video last night. Sums up how to deal with stress smiling smiley

The affects of stress:
[www.maydayoutfitters.com]

I can say that it is not depression (thank God) but stress. But I know what stress does, experienced it 2001. Dangerous road for anyone to go down.

Thanks again for the encourgement, I am sure once this is all past will come out ahead. Not by wordly physical standards, but spiritual.

I hope for others that are reading this that they are encouraged and know when it comes to stress, they are not alone.

God bless,

Pedro
November 11, 2012 01:50AM
I enjoyed the video. Wise man.

I've had plenty of "opportunity" to practice stress relief over the last six mont..... 57 years. Can't say I've mastered it. Enjoyed the video. Thanks.

Gary
November 09, 2012 06:57PM
Keep the faith Pedro. I sure you'll get through this period and come out stronger and happier than ever!
November 10, 2012 05:24PM
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your encaouragement! It is purely by faith that I go on. smiling smiley

God bless,

Pedro
November 10, 2012 05:33PM
An update...

As mentioned in a reply to Gary, it is stress and not depression.

Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, regardless of not knowing what will happen with work, or personal life.

I had a call last week about a job offer from a recruiter. I brushed her off as my sights were on Alberta. I happened to view the job posting on the recruiters website a week later out of curiousity. Realized I was putting off a great opportunity.

She called again yesterday and we discussed all aspects of the position. This company (japanese) is a seller of high end tooling for machining. Been in Canada 60+ years and is looking for someone to offer solution based sales. Many benefits, but the best one is, they do not want the person to relocate but work from home smiling smiley Some travel in Manitoba, Saskatchewan is expected but they either provide a vehicle or pay very good mileage for own use. Wow is all I can say. So will see what they think of my resume and wait to hear from them...

"God's ways are not our ways" smiling smiley

Thanks for reading, and the encouragement!

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021