Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody want to gripe ... off topic?

Anybody want to gripe ... off topic?
March 14, 2009 05:08PM
You ever get sick of the coarseness of society and the crap you have to deal with just to do anything these days?

Went to WalMart for some "stuff". Hey ... where else are you gonna go ... everyplace else is out of business.

Looking at some cameras and these two ... .... "young women" .... come down the isle, loudly volleying back and forth to each other ... "(offensive term)!" "(more offensive term)" , repeat adnauseum .... over and over and over. Oblivious to anyone around. When they go by me, I ask out loud if that's really necessary. So, they turn on me of course with a string of abuse. Another lady looks shocked and asks me if she just heard what she thought she did from them. Yes. And she tells the "young women" she didn't appreciate them exposing her young son to that either. So, she gets a lip full too. Well, of course, there's NEVER any security around.

Security was mentioned, and I said I thought that was a great idea. I just followed them with the other lady for a bit, because the punks were so sure they were immuned to any and all ... I expecting to see an employee SOMEwhere. Finally a guy as big as myself with a shaved head walked into frame. He was security. I pointed out the two heading for the door, quickly told him they were verbally abusing anybody around them. He just watched. Said he thought those were the two making trouble yesterday.

So, I said it didn't appear he was doing too much about it, just standing there watching them head for the door. He shrugged - your word against theirs. No matter he had immediately recognized them as trouble makers from yesterday. Of course, by then the lady with the boy had disappeared. And, the only remaining problem was me.

I really, completely understand why people just stand and watch others get mugged, witnesses walk away from accidents, etc. I've never, in my life, attempted to correct a situation where I didn't end up holding the bag and become THE only problem. So, I just told the guy it appeared his position was totally useless, and walked away. Another decent citizen ignored to make way for punks. Gosh ... I wonder why things are such a mess.

Happen to anyone else?

Gary

Edited by Jerry just to avoid youngster's imaginations figuring out the conversations...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 10:11PM by Jerry.
Re: Anybody want to gripe ... off topic?
March 14, 2009 05:43PM
And that's one reason I avoid WalMart! Sometimes I have to go to the local WalMart just because I know I can't find something I need at a reasonable price anywhere else nearby. Inevitably, I'm treated to some similar display of crudity. Sadly, nobody has told these people that just because they're not very bright doesn't mean they have to act stupid. By the time they can transport themselves into a public setting, it's too late.
March 14, 2009 06:20PM
Yes - if it was restricted to Wal-Mart, the solution would be simple. But, they're absolutely everywhere. The country has been handed over to them, because everything is so insanely PC regarded the "entitlements" of punks, that nobody has the right to go about their business in a sensible environment anymore. The "relatively normal" people are supposed to step aside for the "extremely distrubed". I defy you to get away from it for more than a brief time.

One man's humble opinion.

;?)

Gary
March 15, 2009 12:58PM
I think people have been conditioned to "walk away" because of the liability issues. Why get involved if you can be blamed for it? After all, if a confrontation had happened which made it into court, you'd be dead meat because 1) you stopped them from expressing their "freedom of speech" 2) they're minors and can literally get away with anything in this country up to and including murder 3) they'd play the race card (if applicable in this situation) 4) you're an easy target Gary winking smiley etc. ad nauseum.

Shall I go on?

I remember once, while out in California on business, I had a discussion with a few coworkers where I essentially said I thought I should have the unequivocal right to shoot dead anyone who broke into my house in the middle of the night, regardless of the circumstances. They looked at me like I had two heads. "What if they're just trying to steal your stuff to get money for drugs?" was the question that was literally asked to me, as if that made it OK. I couldn't quite comprehend the thought process involved, and got into an agitated state similar to how you were yesterday. There's just no talking to those kind of folks. They're been born into projecting the "victim" mindset onto criminals since they were young enough to walk and talk, and you're never going to change it. You know the one -- it's not their fault, 'cuz their parents beat them and did drugs, or they chewed on paint chips as a kid, or because their schools suck (because we're too selfish to give them more money of course, even though they already get far more than anyone else), etc. ad nauseum. Kinda how half the country now thinks it should NOT hurt when you touch a hot stove, and that the concept of personal responsibility is a 20th Century antique. You can't change that -- so it's easier to ignore them and focus on doing your own thing as best you can. Nope, I think the only thing that could possibly change it would be an old-fashioned tax revolt where all the small business owners in the country got organized and simply stopped sending in their quarterly taxes to the state and Federal governments. idea

Well, now I'm depressed. angry with "no" sign

-- Jim

(Tagged on: No - not minors Jim. Young Women ... 25 ish. Rough, loud, sloppy, and crude. eye popping smiley Gary)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2009 08:38PM by barnespneumatic.
March 15, 2009 01:33PM
Yeah Jim,

It's not hard to find the depressing elements - you bet. There's an increasing lack of places where you can be among reasonable people. Hopefully, we've built a small cyber spot here (but it's accessed thru our own bunkers). We've walked away from the mall eatery. Walked away from the movie theaters. Walked away from fast food restaraunts. Walked away from city parks. Walked away from late night anything. Walked away from discount retailers. ......"Walked away", means we've walked to our cars, and driven home.

The outdoors? Not the park. Not the public access lake. Not the streets of town. Maybe .... if you own your own compound. idea Of course ... you'll likely find evidence of tresspassers all over it unless you put a double razor wire fence around it with dogs between the fences. Cozy indeed. Heck ... we live in a little postcard Victorian town. Few thousand people. And, it's nothing to have a group of adolesent kids ... girls, boys ... no matter ... screaming obsenities at the top of their lungs, from block to block, at any hour while dominating the sidewalks, alleys, etc.

It does just get so confining. I might notice it more because I work alone. So ... I don't spend the day among an office staff (which I'd suspect might have some tiny degree of professional demenor). But ... you know, when I go anywhere, 15% of the cars stopped at the light around you are plastered with obscene slogans. Or ... somebody's proudly displaying signage declaring the driver is a lesbian witch. Or ... REALLY disturbing ... maybe a member of the opposite political party eye popping smiley hehehe ... had to lighten it up a bit. And ... the expectation ... the demand of society, is that you shrug it off. ALL of it. Everywhere. Go back to your bunker and leave the streets to the numb and the dangerous. It's disappointing. Yes, I know you can't change it. Because nobody makes the most tiny effort to try. It's forbidden. Something harder for the over 50 crowd to accept.

Fortunately, there's ..... ummm ...... There's .... ah .... .... AIRguns!!! Yeah ... that's it ... airguns. Fortunately there's airguns. I can go out into the bunke.... shop, and work on airguns.

grinning smiley

Gary
March 15, 2009 01:37PM
Now Jim ... I saw that second edit of yours flash up there. Taxes. Hummmmm .... You're not trying to hijack the thread are ya? haha. Just remember how ... "Patriotic" it is to overpay.

Gary
March 15, 2009 01:04PM
Oh good, I'm glad its not just me that seems to encounter pretty much every ignorant, socially non-functioning welfare grubbing fool out there!!!

Luckily I now work for Miller who own some expensive european lagers that I install at posh places. Before I was working for the general breweries which meant that I had to go in all the spit and sawdust pubs. Good grief, the dregs of humanity that used to inhabit those places.... Still makes me shudder to think of it !!
Anonymous User
May 28, 2010 09:55PM
Situation same as I was outside replacing a capacitor on a condenser and heard someone talking in the next door neighbor's back yard. I play paintball alot so i am in the habit of peeking around object's, and see two men with a big screwdriver prying the back door open. long story shortened. I ended up in a Tampa court room three different time's. He was found guilty. Why can't people just work for a living?db
June 05, 2010 10:08AM
You guys just live in the wrong states. Move to Alaska, where the concealed carry "permit" consists of being an adult that's not a felon or criminally insane. In other words...there is no permit, you don't need one to carry a gun, concealed or not. It's a right, just like it SHOULD be everywhere.

I find that the ratio of bad behavior to good citizenship is directly proportional to the population density of an area. If you want to meet nice folks, you can either cherry-pick the few remaining decent spots in the big cities, or just move to the country. Sure, you can find an A-hole anywhere if you look, but when you live in a town small enough where everyone knows everyone elses name and where they live, it's a LOT less common.
June 05, 2010 01:29PM
OK ... you got me. OI'm ready to move. Send me a buyer ... take a bow .... And a shipping company ... whistling
June 06, 2010 07:57AM
Hey Gary, you forget that we've SEEN your shop. You'd better be at least a partner in a shipping company if you're bringing all that stuff to Alaska!

Also, the bit about 2-300 inches of snow a winter might throw a kink in your production schedule, as well as the fact that up here the nearest UPS truck is 750 miles away by road (with two customs crossings) or 90 miles by boat. In other words, UPS (and FedEx) just isn't a feasible shipping options at all up here, period. You would NOT believe how hard it is to get some merchants to acknowledge the fact that the U.S. Postal Service still exists, and that they can actually USE it to ship things.angry smiley Internet-only vendors are by far the worst offenders, their websites seem specifically designed to insure that nothing can ever be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.

Actually, I kinda had you pegged as a Florida kind of guy in a few years, or maybe South Carolina, or some place warm like that. Hey, it could happen, right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021