Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Die Work - An example

Die Work - An example
July 20, 2014 02:54AM
Here is an example of a project I did in the past for those who are interested in my experience.

About 7, 8 years ago I designed a die for my dad. The die was for a company that builds auger sweep systems for grain removal in bins. The company was bending each of the 15 arms individually. Since we built the die, they have bent 10,000 pieces. Material is 1/4" thick steel. That would mean that the operator would have had to bend 150,000 arms. Die diameter is about 18".

The die was to eliminate the need to bend individually and bend all 15 arms at the same time. The die has lasted a long time but was wearing in a flat areas on top. We added 3/4" thick tool steel inserts to the design. So I had to redesign the die and create programs so dad could mill on his CNC mills. Spent 3 hours working on it and 3 hours driving back and forth. So tonight there as no time to work on projects at home. sad smiley

Die1.jpg

Hope you found out interesting.

Thanks for reading.

Pedro
Re: Die Work - An example
July 26, 2014 05:47PM
Very interesting, thanks for sharing!
July 27, 2014 04:36AM
Nice work Pedro.

Sorry for overlooking the post. It's great to get the product off of a nice pc. of tooling. Gives you a good feeling.

Takes a pretty good squeeze for something like that die set.

Thanks Much,
Gary
August 04, 2014 06:11PM
Thanks for your comments!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021