Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

D Day

D Day
June 07, 2017 12:33AM
I'll tell you. Twice today, I've gotten a heck of a lump in my throat, and something in my eye. Twice I've heard the words of General Matthew Ridgway. Once, as he lead his men in prayer BEFORE the invasion. He told them, do not close your eyes. Look up, so that you may see God as we ask his blessing on what we do today. The second example was when he spoke at a memorial service years afterward. He turned from the gathered guests, and spoke to the graves laid out before him. He asked forgiveness if his mistakes had placed them there. He told them something to the effect that he wasn't going to say how honorable their deaths were. I forget the exact flow - but he spoke to them as men. It was so powerful.

There have been such sacrifices made. Made by real people with real families. Treasure it.

Gary
Re: D Day
June 09, 2017 12:02AM
I do not know the words of his, but have watched enough WW2 documentaries to know how much our men and women sacrificed for what we have today. Many millions gave their lives to stop Hitler and it still goes on.

Sadly many have much to say "freedom of speech", they do forget where that freedom comes from. Its not given, its fought for.

Thanks for sharing!

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021