Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Real Life

Real Life
July 01, 2017 03:32PM
Hi Guys,

In a couple of days, Kelly and I will no longer have health insurance of any kind. We may not now - the notice might be in the mailbox.

I won't be because, after 43 years; the quality of my work failed. The quality has never been better. Millions of people in the country have had their lives terribly impacted by our politicians screwing around with the health insurance industry, while they jet set between vacations. I have personally contacted many, many people over this last year. Trying to do business and sell my work. I'm doing what I have been successful at for 43 years. I didn't forget how. I didn't start wasting time. I've never worked so hard in my life. But I can't pull rabbits from my hat when my Customer Base can't participate any longer. People are hurting. I hear their stories. Everybody tells me they just don't have money to spend. And the rest, have just disappeared. Sorry, it's a fact that many people who are doing well, just don't care to be bummed out by those struggling.

Kelly is a cancer Survivor. You know the parts of my mess that I've shared. And you don't know the serious parts that I haven't. I have not had the money for the multiple tests requested, and even put off a surgery. So; you may think that I've yammered on about selling selling selling. But there have been good reasons.

The new website (the e-commerce one) has been a dream of mine for twenty years. Have you told anybody about it? Nobody knows a soldier who would enjoy a $40 link to home in the way of a handmade copper coin? Yes - they are there, on the Heirlooms Page. Of course, there are China made coins we could send to our troops. At the risk of sounding biased ... I think my coin has a better story behind it. ;?)

Guys, I've shown that I'm not too proud to work. I take myself to the shop with a migraine headache and finish a project someone is waiting for. I really wish we could convert a few more readers into buyers. I've made the entire spectrum of products and price scales. The forum lets me sell a new product once, and then it waits to see me scramble to produce something brand new idea. Is the work being seen, or is it going in a drawer.

Yes, I am. Just a bit concerned. 12 hours a day - mostly 7 days a week. Endless pictures. Endless stories. I can't even get a HA HA to a funny joke, story, or picture. Having my insurance cancelled like I'm a deadbeat. Yes, I am just a little bit concerned. I'd appreciate your prayer. And I'd appreciate if you'd tell a friend about www.glbarnes.com

Just to be clear. I'm not trying to sound mad at you. Not mad at any of our readers. I am sorely disappointed by those who have caused this condition to happen to our Country, and those who left it happen to our People. And those who have refused to solve it, attending their fundraisers instead. We cannot fight a swarm of bees, a perfect storm of lousy luck, or indifference. I've just worn myself down to the eraser, trying. I know I'm supposed to put on a lying face and sound tough. But this one hurts. Seems darned wrong.

Now I have to go to work.

Thanks
Gary

Stupid spell check. I write ".... only guy ..." , it changes it to "omen guy". Good grief. Is that the problem! Spellcheck - all the fun of fleas without the itch

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2017 09:45PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Real Life
July 01, 2017 05:16PM
Gary
I hear ya loud and clear ! It's tuff trying to stay ahead of the snowball.

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2017 08:28PM by kurt wag.
July 02, 2017 08:25PM
I hear ya loud and clear !

Thanks
Kurt
July 02, 2017 10:43PM
Hi Kurt.

Thanks very much. And, as you know since I've spoken to you privately, I'm really sorry you are going thru that flooding of your home and property. That's a huge mess to recover from. And that's not Alpine Stream water that flowed through your living room and walls. That kind of recovery is exhausting as days turn into weeks then months, and there are loose ends everywhere. And the bureaucracy drags on. I know you just want "your chair" back.

Gotta say I come here and just shake my head. 21 years of making the Air Rifles. 8 years of entertainment here on this forum. 11,416 posts here. And they weren't just checking "like". I don't expect anyone to FIX my problems. But, is it wrong to hope that more than one guy can give a rat? Man. I just need a coat in here anymore.

I guess I'm the poster child for insanity. Cause I've just kept on doing my best here, to build up a group of friends and have us all have a place to find a civil, intelligent, mature, group to share with. Darned right, for the effort and documentation, I expected to make a modest living. You ever tried to figure out what kind of wage I make when I take five or six - twelve hour days; to make a $650 product? Then make it available over a few payments. Nutz.

Yep, every once in a while I just want to bang my head on the wall. I never made a gang of buds down at the local bar. I should have. I've been in here trying to tear pieces off of this Ledger six to seven days a week. Guess it makes you feel like a fool when you put your head up for a drink and think ... hey ... I haven't checked the forum for several hours.
July 03, 2017 12:53AM
Gary,
We're praying for you and Kelly. And praying the situation improves soon.

Scott
July 03, 2017 02:11AM
Scott,

I know you have a "Red Phone" from here to there. Your concern is much appreciated.

God Bless
July 03, 2017 05:01PM
Gary,

You and your family are in my prayers. I am as frustrated as you with what has been going on in our country with self serving politicians caring more about re-election than this country. I fear for my children s future.

God bless,

Karl
July 03, 2017 07:30PM
Thanks Karl,

Hey .... I'm more worried about ME! Haha. Heck, my kids are RETIRING! I'm the dummy who's put in 43 to their 20, but the Barnes Retirement Plan Sux. Hah!

Thanks Karl.
Stay in touch.
Send Ramen Soup packets.
Haha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021