Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question please ... nowthatIthink

Question please ... nowthatIthink
February 21, 2019 03:19PM
In the last 4-6 weeks, I’ve been exclusively working on Airguns and Slugs. I’ve about covered you up with posts.

I think we should be generating some conversations. I’m not seeking compliments. They are always much appreciated if you enjoy what you see, but I’d love to generate some discussions. What would you like to see? I must be missing the mark.

Plz give me your short list.

Thanks,
Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2019 11:14PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Question please ...
February 24, 2019 08:13PM
Going to bring this back to the top. Please respond. I’m quite serious. So many expressed the thought that they were glad to see me back on Airguns. And, I have gone the extra measure to show dozens upon dozens of threads. Prototype Slug Testing. Quite a bit of the build process. What is that you’d enjoy seeing when you spend a coffee break at Rendezvous? I’m putting in max effort. I’d like to feel it was well placed. The only way I know is thru feedback.

I’m tempted, all the time; to offer more, explain more, reason more. But; I think that’s all been a bust. So; give me a clue. I hope you don’t say that this is the top of the heap, Best there is. Cause it’s darned quiet up here if so.

I’d appreciate a try,
Thanks very much.
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2019 08:16PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: skeet target plane. Question please ... nowthatIthink
February 25, 2019 01:37AM
How bout posting videos demonstrating different items.... you know, kinda like Hichok45 channel. Bet you'd get alot of views.
February 25, 2019 06:05PM
Thanks Steve,

Appreciate your suggestion.

I’ll put it in the hopper.

(BTW and briefly)... I badly “wrenched” my neck when I got caught by the recoil of the 50 Smoothy and the Outryder 50. Didn’t realize what was escalating the regular bone spur pain until it just locked me up. I couldn’t support “any” of the weight of my head. I mean 1 degree off vertical and I screamed. I’ve been using ice/heat/and couple of creams. Couldn’t lay down for a couple of days. It’s pretty difficult to isolate your neck from the weight of your own head. So; the point being I’ve been working a bit slower. Hang on please.

I’ll use my “Lead Sled”, to shoot.

Gary
February 25, 2019 08:15PM
almost nothing worse than neck strain, pain. Hope you feel better soon... I would take most ailments over that.
February 25, 2019 01:50AM
I would like to see a day off from work. I have been working almost non-stop this month.

Pretty soon I should have some cage rattling time.inmate

Lon
February 25, 2019 05:31PM
Fine, fine, FINE Lon ....

Ok. Ok. You can have a day off from work. I’ll cover it.

See you on Wednesday ...

Now ... are we done here?

Good. Enjoy your day off.

Gary
‘8?)
February 25, 2019 10:00PM
I of course like what you show us but like Lon I've been just dragging around. I'm not feeling much after a tough day at work but ..... since you asked I LOVE splatology ! I remember shooting at your range and everyone was going slug crazy finding & seeing the beautiful lead flowers created by your airguns! Now every time I shoot I have to see the destruction and investigate the slug !

Disintegration is no good . Perfectly deformed flattened lead pancakes ! PERFECT!

Thanks
Kurt
April 07, 2019 05:40PM
Kurt,

I missed your Splatology request. Sorry. I don’t know how I did that.

It is great fun analyzing the Splats. I’ll keep that in mind!

Good thought.

Gary
February 25, 2019 11:11PM
Hi Gary,

I am delighted to see the push back into airguns. I got thinking about it on our last build. Do you only have interest in the big bore, custom cast ammo guns?
I really like the big bore stuff but I personally like to see the small caliber guns too. I don't recall the last time I saw you build a .25 caliber or smaller gun that shot
off the shelf ammo. Maybe I missed the last one????

Thanks so much for posting your work!

Bob
February 26, 2019 01:48PM
Thank you Bob!

Great to hear from you.

I’ll have to show you what else I’m working on. Great timing. I have a 25 Carbine on the bench and parts and drawings I’ve been reviewing.

I like those too. Very much. I guess the big bore are so unique. Unexpected to the world in general. And I pushed that envelope hard, twenty years ago.

I especially enjoy having a Barnes Barrel on my Airguns. So I have concentrated on the 25 caliber. As suitable alloy tubing has been available for two versions of the 25.

Thanks for mentioning this, Bob. That’s encouraging. Thanks very much for reading and posting.

My Very Best,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021