Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Curious...

Curious...
July 30, 2009 01:32AM
I can't get the reply window to open under Kent's post and Gary can't get the post to open at all.

In any case, I think Reagan was right and I miss the man!
Re: Curious...
July 30, 2009 06:35PM
Yeah ... I've been listening to the mess the cash for clunkers program is. Funny if you aren't a dealer. One dealer this morning showed an entire row of cars they'd traded in (all ready to be crushed - what a waste) ... but ... the dealer hadn't gotten a penny of government money to repay the cash he'd laid out for them. eye popping smiley He'd traded in all these cars ... paid the customers ... given the customers their new cars .... and was left holding the bag so far.

Another story was about people who traded in cars that HAD had the correct 18 mpg average estimate to qualify for the clunker program ... only to find out afterwards that the government REVISED the milage ratings on it's site for those cars ... and NOW the cars they have ALREADY traded in do not qualify. They've been told to take the dealer another $4,500 or bring their new cars back!!!

Oh sure ... dealing with the health needs of 300 million people should be a pc. of cake compared to trading in a few old cars!!! rolling happy smiley The government will get it right ... they ALWAYS do ... right?

Gary
July 30, 2009 06:38PM
Right ... Kent's post actually closes out Rendezvous for me. I touch it ... I can't open it ... get a warning ... and it crashes Rendezvous. Odd. I suspect a plot!!! whistling

haha.

Gary
July 30, 2009 10:14PM
Do you think the government had a hand in the software we use here? I can't for the life of me get a post reply to appear in the right spot in a thread and you can't view Kent's post....

I can't wait to fill out a form trying to convince the government to extend some care when I break my hip 20 years from now...after all wouldn't it be better and cheaper for all of us if I just went to the hospice layed down and died?
July 31, 2009 01:28AM
Must be something with the YouTube link that the forum software doesn't like.

-- Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021