Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Coakley has conceded!

Coakley has conceded!
January 20, 2010 01:28AM
I am convinced that a majority are now suspecting that maybe "hope" really isn't a good plan! This election in the bluest of blue states has got to send a message even to the furthest out of touch that we don't want government healthcare! rant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2010 01:29AM by Jerry.
Re: Coakley has conceded!
January 20, 2010 11:46AM
Indeed Jerry . . . though the usual suspects are saying (at least publicly) that it was all about Coakley and *not* a referendum about national healthcare. But what else would you expect them to do? Concede defeat? Say that their ideas are flawed?

I think it goes back to my previous rant here on off-topic -- the majority of people in this country are sick of huge government and wasteful spending. That's NOT what the independents who voted for Obama wanted. I don't think it was about Brown and Coakley, or even Democrats and Republicans -- it was about getting rid of the Senate supermajority to be able to kill this "reform" legislation which was so awful that no one wanted really wanted it save the most hardcore liberals and the insurance companies (who would have made billions because of the mandatory coverage requirement).

I did do a bit of celebrating. It was great to see the 41st and fillibuster-enabling vote take the Kennedy seat. thumbs up Either they start to get the message, or Obama will be looking more and more like Carter #2.

-- Jim
January 20, 2010 02:04PM
I was pleased to see a common sense individual win. Personally, I'm weary with being told I'm too stupid to know that a "duck is a duck". I don't want panels of elite, sitting on high, micro managing every aspect of my life. There's very little fairness in anything that comes out of Washington. Everything is the result of a back room closed door bribe. They don't even bother to hide it anymore. I don't know why they don't just televise the pay-offs on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. They rush to the cameras to tell the nation whom they've just paid off, and how, anyway.

The "first" American Revolution started in Mass. Hopefully, this is the start of a second "Common Sense revolution", in Mass. as well.

It's foolishness to tear down everything that works, and replace it with a new experiment (designed to line the pockets of your personal support group). I think the last year has been a documentary on foolishness, if anybody was watching.

Gary
January 20, 2010 10:34PM
Amen, brothers, I say AMEN!!!

yeah, hopefully my "blue" state of CT is next !!!!!

Maybe we can get Scott Brown down here to campaign more innocent

My son Will is at BC and apparently know the Senator's daughter from some class
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021