Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Got a new camera for my birthday a few weeks ago

Got a new camera for my birthday a few weeks ago
July 04, 2010 08:42AM
Yeah you guys missed it but I'm still hoping the presents will arrive....whistling
Anyway it's a Samsung NX10, a new digital SLR which has had good reviews and is cheap by SLR standards. My 15 year old daughter, who shares my birthday, also got one as she is quite creative and I was keen to encourage that trait. Anyway, very early on Saturday morning we drove 5 minutes down the road to Governors Bay, our nearest village which perches on the seaside, and we tried to capture the best of a frosty morning. Here are some of my efforts...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I have a lot to learn yet, including how to hold the camera level (some of my shots were a bit wonky) but I am pretty happy with my present smiling smiley
Cheers
Neil
Re: Got a new camera for my birthday a few weeks ago
July 04, 2010 05:17PM
Happy Birthday ya OLD COOT! laughing And Happy Birthday to the Princess of the Manor. I hope your entire family are blessed with a bountiful number of birthdays and enjoy each and every one. take a bow

ANOTHER camera? I still want that neat remote shutter version you had before.

You're killin' me with those scenery shots. Here I sat on my patio and had a nice bowl of fresh fruit for breakfast ... and listened to the neighbor's kids screeming at the top of their lungs. They only have one setting. And all the traffic past the house mistakenly got a memo declaring this block to be a 1/4 mile drag strip. They put STOP signs at the bottom and top of the block both ... and that REALLY annoyed them. Now ... for spite ... they see how loud they can be from sign to sign. Those pics of yours look great. Enjoy!

Gary
July 05, 2010 01:20AM
Happy birthday and nothing like getting new ELECTRONICS.

Nice pics. Some of those could be computer screen savers.
July 05, 2010 07:30AM
Thanks Gary, now that I'm the same dignified age as you I realise just how much more wise and respected I am google eyes

Tofaz, you're right, new electronics are fun, I just have to get as good at them as you are!

Cheers
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021