Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Leah's Ring

Leah's Ring
May 21, 2011 06:10PM
For my granddaughter, Leah, I made this Sterling Silver high school ring. She's been into all of the Theater opportunities, throughout school. I got to watch her open her gift today, via Skype. It fit.

From "Pop and Nana", with much love and good wishes.

Joe's hatchet, windows 063.JPG

Joe's hatchet, windows 062.JPG

a_Leah2.jpg

Cut from sheet sterling silver, coiled, ready to silver solder

a_ringsilversolder.jpg

Silver Soldering

a_sizing.jpg

Sizing

a_Leah.jpg

Fossilizing

a_ringengraving.jpg

Engraving

a_Leah Ring.jpg

Presentation.

;?)

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2011 09:15PM by barnespneumatic.
Anonymous User
May 21, 2011 10:00PM
Thats neat Gary, I know she loved it.
May 22, 2011 02:22AM
Beautiful ring Garyartist SO much more meaningful than the checklist rings everyone else will get.

Here's a newbie question... what's fossilizing?

Hope you dry out soon. Hard to believe down here in MS we're bone dry. No rain in weeks. You've stolen our spring weather. The dirts so dry here it is like talcum powder!

Kent
May 22, 2011 03:15AM
Hello Kent,

Fossilizing is the act of having some old fossil perform tasks. Green bowing

Yeah ... nothing is right. Here you are ... in "Mississippi" for the love of Pete ... and the world is talking about the Mississippi river flooding endless square miles of area ... and you are dry as dust. I feel very sorry for all those who were tossed to the floods .. to once again save New Orleans. I think they need to move that place winking smiley

Gary
May 22, 2011 01:29PM
Gary,

Wow, very unique and emblematic! I’ve always enjoyed seen you building other projects, different than air guns, and the way that you express your art keeps amazing me. There’s no doubt in my mind that you are a proud Grandpa."festive"

I’m glad that Leah likes it. scholar

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Julio
May 22, 2011 01:58PM
May 22, 2011 03:25PM
Nice job Gary. I'm certain she will appreciate the ring and the love that went into it for a very long time.
May 23, 2011 08:23PM
Gary :

What a lovely ring. I'm sure this will be treasured by her all her life.

Kelly must be having a great time visiting with everyone.

Karl
May 24, 2011 07:06AM
Nice Gary, very special and something to remember a special moment for Leah and subsequent generations!
May 24, 2011 01:04PM
personal touch , wins every time . nice piece
May 26, 2011 01:17AM
That is a most thoughtful gift for one lucky lady.
May 26, 2011 01:21AM
Thanks everyone,

I heard today, that she showed it to her Drama teacher, who is very well thought of. He thought it was the neatest thing he'd seen. That was a welcome compliment for her.

Leah is actually graduating tonight. I just got a phone pic of the group as they were leaving for the ceremony. I wish them a wonderful evening and safety. scholar

Gary
May 26, 2011 09:11PM
Graduation went perfectly. I have a "Grandaughter" who has graduated from High School! I'm very old. Huh? What's that??? Speak up ... ya young whipper snappers ... hourglass ... waits for no man. At least, I've been tossing finished "stuff" on the pile for a bunch of years now. Still, wow .... amazing how fast it passes.

Gurasic
Anonymous User
May 29, 2011 04:25PM
Very nice Gary, and hope you are feeling well..
May 29, 2011 05:15PM
Thanks Don,

I appreciate it. I'm doing better. Nothing is fixed, or "actually" any better, but the pain meds are just doing a better job of masking the pain. Therefore; it's a net gain ... for which I'm very grateful.

Here's the rub now. Since I am actually "feeling" better, it allows me to work longer ... and do some things I've had to put off before. But; since nothing is internally and structurally any different, it's easier for me to overdo it (because the pain doesn't stop me as soon). Hey ... isn't everything a catch 22? haha. Net gain ... Gary.

Thanks for the well wish.
Green bowing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021