Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Delta 32 Complete - Pics

Delta 32
February 24, 2009 02:41AM
I'll combine the threads later. Wanted you to see the completed pics.

DELTA32_a.jpg

I hope to get to the range tomorrow. Supposed to be very cold - but that means ... no mud! yeah.

DELTA32_b.jpg

This makes a great handling rifle. Super silent shroud system. Ball bearing spring guide. Two stage trigger. Static internal regulator (additional quiet operation).

DELTA32_c.jpg

Very comfortable grip - right or left hand.

DELTA32_d.jpg

Triple sealed breech. Made to shoot single O buckshot for a quick and cheap default load.

Let's shoot!

One more down.
Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 11:03PM by Jerry.
February 24, 2009 02:52AM
That's looking great Gary! I wish I could be there for the final test.
February 24, 2009 03:34AM
Gary,

That should be just what he needs and more. I hope we get some feed back on how the gun works for its intended purpose. It may have some practical application to real life hunting of medium game.

I bet he shoots better than ever with such a fine gun.

Kent
February 24, 2009 06:03AM
Very nice. How is the decibel level versus Jerry's Prairie III on low power?

Hey . . . what kind of glass is on there, anyway? smiling bouncing smiley

-- Jim
February 24, 2009 12:54PM
I hadn't even noticed! You went back to putting cheap scopes on....rolling happy smiley

That's not that scope without the clicks is it?
February 24, 2009 01:12PM
Yes guys ... it is in fact that pc. of crap clickless scope with 2 MOA of total elevation adjustment. No fear though, I have the Simmons 4X shotgun scope in the bag for reserve. The Leuy had scope rings on it, that were high enough for the 50mm bell. I had a 40mm bell I wanted to put on there, but the other Simmons scope rings I had (three sets) fit the gun beautiful, but were not high enough for the 40mm to clear the shroud tube.

I hate scopes ... and mounts. You simply never have what you need.

We'll see what happens in the field. Oh ... right ... the bargain Leuy ($200-250 IIRC) just has a nice + for a crosshair. No lines, no mil-dot. Just a +. Lovely. That's right ... should have bought the $700 model. eye rolling smiley "Honey! ... I need ANOTHER scope ... ..."

Now Jerry, I "DO" like those fancy optics you bought for the Prairie. When I grow up and get a job, I want one of those. cooler

Gary
February 24, 2009 04:48PM
It's clickless so you don't scare the deer. tongue sticking out smiley Bring it over here, Gary, and we'll spin the elevation knob back and forth on my deck and see if they notice.

rolling happy smiley

-- Jim
February 24, 2009 01:15PM
Hi Jim,

Don't know. It's extremely quiet ... even in the shop at night. So - outside, I expect it to be nearly silent.

Gary
February 24, 2009 02:40PM
drool drool drool (wipes mouth with back of hand) drool....

Oh and jealous.....

Nice gun.

Gary, any idea on when you may reopen the ledger?
February 24, 2009 06:56PM
dan_house Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Gary, any idea on when you may reopen the ledger?

and for international customers cool smiley

Very nice gun... Indeed. I liked it from the first sight (or picture in this thread), and very much.
February 24, 2009 09:01PM
WOW electrified

I think so far, that one is my favorite thumbs up
February 25, 2009 05:37AM
Very cool looking, I particularly like the "mega-shroud" look and the new receiver profile. Now you just need to make it all in flat-black and mount a photomultiplier night-sight, you've got the ultimate "stealth" airgun for predator and and wildlife damage control work. Very nice!
February 25, 2009 07:45PM
I don't know about the all flat black finish as it probably doesn't matter if the gun is chrome plated if you're hunting at night and there is no light to reflect off it anyway... Besides, you could always wrap a rag around a fancy finish if that was a concern. Personally, I'd prefer something like the Woodsman finish I have but I don't really want anyone else to copy that! eye rolling smiley

The night site is easily doable by the end user though. In fact, I've got a first gen Russian night vision site in the gun cabinet right now. It has proved to be very durable as it has been mounted on an RWS 54 that supposedly "eats" scopes. This night scope has an integral illuminator that actually allows accurate shooting in complete darkness. The performance is such that for military use I'd say we we're a lot safer during the cold war than we thought, but for airgun use it works really well and is a lot of fun to boot. If I were hunting beavers or other pests at night at 50 yards or so, this site would serve me well. Heck, Timmy at age 10 was able to hit a 2" spinner at 40 yards consistently using this site when shooting the RWS 54. Now that I think of it, I may have to mount it on the P-3 (easy as it is a picatinny mount) just for fun...
Gen III
February 25, 2009 11:51PM
Or you could just spring for a Gen III night scope. Shouldn't cost more than twice the rifle itself.whistling
Re: Delta 32
November 10, 2009 09:22PM
how on earth did i miss the pics the first time round , im sure gary must be photoshopping pics these days , there is a new model every month , looks sexy , the stock styling from the woodsman looks great , the shroud looks super modern , what a contrast , age old craftsmanship and modern design . works really well together .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021