Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Classic Expedition Case - FOR SALE bullhorn

Classic Expedition Case - FOR SALE bullhorn
July 04, 2015 04:39PM
I've split a post that had two items in it.

This is the original Expedition Hunting Case Design WITH the addition of a hammered back case. The design is produced by a combination of tool steel die stamps I've handmade over 40 years, AND hand engraved details. With the addition of each stamp I take the chance of ruining the case. I must anneal the German Silver whenever it becomes "work hardened" and brittle. Working it after that would crack it. Annealing properly returns the strength and toughness.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Case is $395 for a heck of a lot of work. If you'd like to split the cost into two payments, that's fine. Can be 30-45 days apart.

Reply here or by PM via Forum mail system.

The hammering of the rear case is far more complex then you would think. You want a visually random pattern without "hot spots" that draw the eye. As you hammer you bend and taco the metal. I must anneal and straighten as I go. It's a lot of work I do because so many seemed to appreciate the look.

Enjoy. Thanks for looking. So many buyers of these have given them to their Fathers as Heirloom items. I can promise you: Nobody is going to throw one of these away.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021