Appaloosa7.jpg

Appaloosa6.jpg

Appaloosa5.jpg

Appaloosa3.jpg

Appaloosa1.jpg

Appaloosa2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2009 12:52AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Appaloosa
April 01, 2009 12:03AM
Woohoo! Congrats on another beautiful rifle completed! Well done. thumbs up

-- Jim
April 01, 2009 01:01AM
That's a beauty Gary! I see you did the logo in green too, just another little touch. It's interesting how the heather shows off the green more depending on the angle it's viewed from. Is that just a trick of the camera or do you see that in person?

Great pictures too. Having the close-up of the billet reciever from several angles makes something very clear: this is not a simple easy to stick together design. The bolt on this rifle is a machined piece that engages proper locking devices. Most airguns have bolts that are little more than cylinders in a tube and are retained by nothing more than a pin sticking out the side. BIG difference! It takes orders of magnitude more work to machine the bolt and the interior of the reciever to work as a system than it does to fit a pin to a cut slot.

Are you certain the owner didn't ask for me to test it?
April 01, 2009 02:08AM
Hi Jerry,

Ah ... you picked up the green logo. Well done. Good eyes (or big screen ... haha).

The Heather does jump out differently from different angles ... and it sometimes surprises you when you focus close. I'm extremely pleased, as it turned out exactly how I saw it in my mind's eye.

Thanks for the comments. Gee - so far, the owner is still claiming he can test it himself! hahaha.

Gary

Thank you Jim and Doug. Real glad you appreciate it. take a bow
April 01, 2009 02:34AM
Jerry,

If you can get up to see Gary before he ships it, you can test it eye popping smiley
You can make sure it does well with those slugs your boys make.

Gary,

It looks great! excited
I showed my wife the pictures this evening. Fortunately she didn't hit me when I told her it would be arriving soon knucklehead
She did admit it looks too good to shoot squirrels with! I'll have to remember to say "yes" the next time asks if we can afford to buy something. surrender
April 01, 2009 03:05AM
Hmmm... If I leave in 15 minutes I can get there about 1:30 in the morning. You'll be up won't you Gary? Or you can just leave the keys under the mat, don't worry about a thing, just a little testing going on! more innocent whistling
April 01, 2009 03:20AM
Fine, I'll put a pot of coffee on ....

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 01, 2009 03:23AM
Hi Scott,

I'm glad the lady of the house approved. take a bow

Phew ... that was close .... hehehe

I'm putting some lead thru it and tweaking. Making a crate too. (Oh ... and filling tanks for Jerry .... winking smiley

Gary
April 01, 2009 12:02PM
Hi Gary:

I know we shot it over the chrony last time I came up to the shop but I don't recall the numbers. Do you remember?

That rifle has a sweet, sweet trigger on it. Two-stage, with a click-thru first stage, but the "click" doesn't seem nearly as strong as, for example, Kent's Carnivore. And, as I mentioned before, it's exceptional for shooting off-hand. It shoulders great and it's super light-weight. Scott, what kind of scope are you going to mount on it?

Congrats again Gary. It's a winner. smoking smiley

-- Jim
April 01, 2009 01:52PM
That's what I'm working out now. I'll post them when I smooth out the bell curves.

Gary
April 01, 2009 12:54AM
Beautiful work, Gary.
April 01, 2009 07:31AM
Well, it looks...OK....for someone else. Scott, maybe......but if it was for me,it would look, well....SENSATIONAL!!!......But it's not for me.....so it looks, well...OK.
Congratulations, sort of, Gary......moody smiley
April 01, 2009 09:28AM
goooooooooooodddddddddddd joppppppp perfect, excellent
Gary You are extraordinary, extreme, supernatural
April 01, 2009 01:39PM
Well! That's alot to live up to. thumbs up

Thanks very much. winking smiley

Gary
April 01, 2009 03:34PM
since everyone else has used all the good superlatives, I'll jsut say...Awesome!thumbs up

As a completed package, that thing rocks!
April 01, 2009 08:15PM
Actually, I forgot to say congratulations to Scott. Scott, you are a lucky man! Looking forward to seeing it in action.

And Gary, I was only kidding, it really is a work of artgrinning smiley

Regards

Neil
April 01, 2009 08:19PM
Hi Neil,

Gee ... I thought you didn't like me no more ..... grinning smiley hahahah.

Glad you enjoyed it. Check the numbers in the new post "Appaloosa Numbers"

Gary
April 09, 2009 02:19AM
*DROOLS*

--------------------------
April 09, 2009 08:57AM
Beautiful.take a bow
April 09, 2009 07:33PM
Its very nice gun. do not hunting this gun, just you look it. because it is more beatifull to look.
April 09, 2009 10:49PM
This gun will hunt squirrels. No doubt about it!fudd
April 10, 2009 12:03AM
That's what it was made for. Won't hurt it a bit. It will make sitting, and waiting, more enjoyable. Why ... heck ... any squirrel would be proud to be shot with that gun ... grinning smiley

Gary
April 11, 2009 09:56AM
I'd be proud to be shot with that gun... rudolph

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 12, 2009 06:26AM
Real pretty piece of work there, I like that all-white-metal look, and the bull barrel shroud looks appropriate to the piece. That's mahogany on the stock, isn't it? You know, that action looks like it could pretty easily be a long-barrel pistol with the right stock, sorta like the Victory series.
April 12, 2009 03:23PM
Hi Rotor,

The Appaloosa is the Victory Action in a Carbine stock format.

Gary
April 13, 2009 04:03AM
Aha, that explains the similarity. knucklehead
April 13, 2009 02:25PM
Wait till you see the Justice in a Pistol stock! hahaha rolling happy smiley
April 13, 2009 02:38PM
[www.glbarnes.com]

Close, anyway . . . .62 smoothbore pistol. google eyes

-- Jim
April 13, 2009 05:56PM
Hi Jim,

Thanks. I enjoyed looking thru the page, with a cuppa coffee coffee and a cookie (well ... ok ... three cookies) ... winking smiley

I'd forgotten how fun the HAWG pistol was.

I hope, when you read the page, it's clear that I'm just havin' fun with it, and the normal expectations that the gun shouldn't have been as accurate as it was.

Gary
April 14, 2009 03:20AM
Gary,

The Apaloosa is so beautiful, makes me drooling just by looking at it he..he....
April 14, 2009 02:41PM
Thank you Peter,

Glad you like it. I enjoy carving. Of course, I have to first make something worth carving ... haha. That takes alot of time. I'd like to carve more ... but have so much work to do first.

Gary
May 11, 2009 10:08PM
Another thread to add to the group of different gun models.

Still looking for the Nitro Express 45, Carnivore, and others.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021