Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 10/12/14 Bone Saddle Lock Folder

10/12/14 Bone Saddle Lock Folder - SOLD
October 13, 2014 12:44AM
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dyed hand cut bone. High Carbon Stainless Blade and Spring.

The Second Gentleman who stopped by today purchased this knife - finished at Midnight. $750. SOLD

Thanks for taking a look. Hope you like it.

Also - you recall I've showed you the shells for another Expedition Case I was making. Like the Nickle Silver Hunting Cases you have seen. That is now Sold. Along with another letter opener and much of the jewelry I had listed.

I'm very appreciative of the fact that the value, and uniqueness of the products, spoke for themselves today.

There are more in the works.

Best,
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2014 04:58AM by barnespneumatic.
Sal
October 13, 2014 01:01AM
Very nice looking knife Gary. Happy to hear you were able to sell some more of the jewelry.
October 13, 2014 04:26AM
I forgot the obvious. This allows me another flurry of work time on my Outrider Group!

AND ... We completed the big swap over to a completely new firm of Realtors representing our Maryland property. I don't expect flowers - but I worked all week (the third week of this nasty chest infection - antibiotic finally has that trailing off) but I've had at least one - often two Migraines every miserable day last week. It's been a joy. Conclusion: we are keeping the lights on, and meeting the obligations. I don't expect a thread of thanks - I ask for participation in order to keep the forum healthy. Not seeking endless praise. I have to tell, you and show you, what I'm doing each week - and where we all are - or otherwise there is no way for you to know.

When the darned house sells - it will help much - by way of lessening outflow. However; I'm never going to recover the lost $100k planned to make up the time needed to clear the ledger, and live off of for that period. So; it's gonna be work if I pull it off. I hope it's realized that one enormous number of people have lost everything in the last couple of years. Life isn't always fair - usually isn't. But - what you have seen me do, is what I will continue.

I just try to give you the reasoning behind what you see here.

Gary
October 13, 2014 05:53AM
Very nice work Gary, how do you achieve that high gloss finish (if it's not a trade secret....)?
October 13, 2014 04:10PM
Hello Neil,

Bone is dense enough to polish that highly. Progressively finer abrasive belts on the grinders I made, then buffing compound on cloth wheels of a powerful buffer. There is no "applied" finish.

Thanks!

Gary
October 14, 2014 12:31AM
Hi Gary.

Another beautiful knife. The stained bone handles' are turning into amazing patterns. The owner will enjoy showing this knife to his friends and family.

julio
October 14, 2014 06:08AM
Thanks Julio,

This fella snagged that bone handled knife right out from under you! Are you gonna let he get away with that?? why me Why - I'd buy two more if I were you!! laughing

Thanks my friend. I'm glad you liked it too. As an expert on the subject - I appreciate your opinion.

Best,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021