Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Video .... New Mdl. 97 FOR SALE - NOW SOLD! bowing

Video .... New Mdl. 97 FOR SALE - NOW SOLD! bowing
August 28, 2015 10:47PM
[youtu.be]

I hope the video plays well.

This Barnes 97 is an Exceptional pc. among exceptional pieces. It's extremely clean and silky smooth. I'm offering it for sale at $849us. I'd be happy to accept up to 4 monthly payments.

Handle is 4" and the knife is 6 13/16" overall open. Light as a feather. Very strong. Stainless Tool Steel blade, Hard Aluminum integral frame, Fossilized Florida Misquito Tusk.

Just has a great tactile feel.

Gary

NOW SOLD! bowing

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2015 03:54AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Video .... New Mdl. 97
August 29, 2015 01:34AM
What a great video .
It shows well and you won't have any problems selling that fine tool .

Thanks
Kurt
August 29, 2015 02:57AM
Hi Gary, excellent knife and a great video showing it. I really like when you display your work on video. It's a lot of work but worth the effort.

Thanks for giving the extra mile.

Julio
August 29, 2015 02:55AM
Hi Gary,
That is VERY nice. Thanks for the video. I cannot comment on YouTube as I am not a 'member' and am therefore restricted. Nice job none-the-less!
Jeff
August 29, 2015 03:06PM
Hi Jeff, Julio, Kurt.
Glad you all like it. Thanks!
Don't worry about commenting on utube. I'm glad to have conversations posted here.
I do love these knives. They are just so precise.
Ok - off to sand walnut ..... Again ..... Still ..... Sneeze ..... Cough
Gary
August 29, 2015 04:05PM
Ok Gary,
I won't worry about the YouTube comments. I do watch a bit of it, but as you know I am not really a social media 'joiner!' I'd rather comment here too. Enjoy that walnut and have a great day (especially now that it looks like that hurricane is turning into nothing more than a storm!).
Later,
Jeff
August 29, 2015 11:37PM
We just had a REAL gully washer! Can't be from that storm that's still South of Miami. But it was a mess. Just a Shower I guess. whistling

Gary
August 30, 2015 02:49AM
Yep, welcome to Florida!
Sal
August 30, 2015 03:36AM
That is so smooth and locks so nice, amazing! So for the newbies here (me) how does the cam work? It will be some good info I can pass to my brother in law. It may just be self explanatory when I see it but why take the chance, lol.

Thanks!
August 30, 2015 04:53AM
Hi Sal,

The Cross Stop Bar is ground into a precision cam lobe. It can be rotated and locked into position so that the bolt locks into its seats at the precise instant when the blade tang stops against the Cam Bar. Something you probably won't need to know for a long time. Thanks for asking though.

Posting some new pics .....

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021