Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: FOR SALE bullhorn Latest Model 97

FOR SALE Latest Model 97 NOW SOLD bowing
August 31, 2015 08:29PM
image.jpg

Top Knife is for sale. It's $849 with the integral Hard Aluminum Frame. Stainless Tool Steel Blade Differentially Heat Treated.

You may make up to 4 payments approx monthly.

Questions, please ask. These 97 mechanisms are the finest and smoothest I've ever designed.

Gary

Now Sold! Many Thanks. thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2015 03:52AM by barnespneumatic.
August 31, 2015 08:36PM
Nice picture of the 'twins' Gary. I don't think it will last long!
August 31, 2015 09:45PM
Fraternal Twins. thumbs up
August 31, 2015 11:09PM
Twins never meant to be separated ? Hehe I really like the contrast of the top knife with the partial camo tusk and polished metal . I did notice you have a different slant on button recess (no CNC action )between the two knifes. Also a slight shape difference to the handle . So is this new material been in the works for a while or just poped into your head ? Anyhow thanks for showing us all your talent AND giving all a chance to own a true piece of art and a fine tool .

Thanks
Kurt
September 01, 2015 03:02AM
Hi Kurt,

The first is sold. I'll ship it soon while the terms play out.

I make them each as seperately individuals. I detest repetition. That is the death of Art.

Sad when I have read articles going into great detail about the careers of craftsmen. The fellow who made bird houses for 50 years. And the writer goes on about how, during the "third generation" of bird houses, the perch rod increases from 2 7/8" to 2 15/16". And then, during the fourth Generation Birdhouse, the Craftsman "Evolved" from painting the houses a pale light blue, to a slightly more pale .... Pale light blue. And the Eye Hooks from which they hung, "Morphed" from Hot Dipped Galvanized Hooks, to Stainless Steel on or about September 22 or 23, in 1978. Fascinating. Just shoot me. Good grief!!!!!

If I didn't have any greater creativity then one minor alteration per decade, I'd never call myself an Artist. And so .... "What was the question.....??????" Ah .... Yes ..... Differences. We have them! Haha.

Glad you like the work Kurt. I have a new Tusk in grid E/29 that I hope to get out this week! Yay!!!!

Gary
September 01, 2015 03:00AM
Hey Kurt, I noticed the same thing on the button recess. Maybe it's due to the different materials of the handle? I'm sure that Gary can/will shed some light on that issue Blue Light Special.
Jeff
September 01, 2015 03:16AM
Hi Jeff,

That angle is determined by the length of the perspective buyer's thumb (in Cubits), divided by the buyer's age (in hours). You see, long bony fingers and thumbs require a greater folding, to place the end of the thumb upon the release button. Now, if the buyer is somewhat bothered with Arthritic joints, the recess angle, as it relates to the intersection of lines describing AC and BD .... will clearly require the application of the "Frost/Knight" rule. Simple really, as I'm certain you will have already realized.

take a bow

Gary
September 01, 2015 12:16PM
Hey Gary,
I knew you would come through! Thanks much. I guessed that it had to be a fourth generation change to the newly discovered skeeter tusk material due to a hot spot that needed asuaging. I saw it right after you explained it. There was no way that the intersection of lines describing AC and BD were going to let the thumb impact the release button on that knife without the change. Bravo for having caught that!
Beautiful knives,
Jeff
September 06, 2015 06:13PM
Gotta move this up the forum page. take a bow
September 20, 2015 02:06PM
This beautiful folder had moved way down the page. Please take another look.
September 20, 2015 09:59PM
Hi Gary,

I thought that this one was already taken. Did you made a post about this knife other than this? If you did, please give let me know the title. I would like to read learn more about it.

Thanks,

julio
September 20, 2015 10:43PM
Hello Julio,

The one with the bolster is available Julio.

The first thread was the one that said Model 97 Video - at the top I think.

Gary
September 20, 2015 10:49PM
It's up at the top Julio. Here is a copy. On my phone, I just can't seem to copy the thread link. Here are the particulars.

[youtu.be]

I hope the video plays well.

This Barnes 97 is an Exceptional pc. among exceptional pieces. It's extremely clean and silky smooth. I'm offering it for sale at $849us. I'd be happy to accept up to 4 monthly payments.

Handle is 4" and the knife is 6 13/16" overall open. Light as a feather. Very strong. Stainless Tool Steel blade, Hard Aluminum integral frame, Fossilized Florida Misquito Tusk.

Just has a great tactile feel.

Gary

End Copy. Thanks. Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2015 03:13PM by barnespneumatic.
Reply Quote Report
Delete + Replies Hide + Replies Edit
September 20, 2015 11:09PM
Gary,

Please check your PM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021