Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Ranger Delta 32 .... one you haven't seen

Ranger Delta 32 (another version)
April 20, 2009 02:40PM
I'm looking thru files I haven't had access to for years. They were locked up in a PC that had an issue preventing it from booting for me.

Here's a gun you haven't seen. Heck ... I had to look at it for some time, before I could remember it's story myself. This is another one that disappeared into the Ozone.

Delta32.jpg

Delta32b.jpg

Delta32c.jpg

Delta32d.jpg

Delta32e.jpg

A beautiful shrouded 32, on figured Mahogany.

OK ... off to the shop to finish another.

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 11:17PM by Jerry.
April 20, 2009 03:45PM
Gary,

That is a VERY nicely configured gun.

Lon
April 20, 2009 04:00PM
What a beauty! Thank goodness the pictures were rescued! I'm sure you're not the only one who would like to hear how she's doing... sad smiley
April 20, 2009 07:35PM
?ts a beatiful gun. good design..
April 20, 2009 08:43PM
Gary,
I didn't have time for a longer comment earlier... I'm looking at this beautiful work again and I've noticed that the end of the hammer spring tube has a "button." That looks to me like a multi-position power adjust device. Perhaps there is a set screw that one loosens, adjusts the spring pre-load and then snugs down the set screw again?

I love the combination of finishes on this rifle. I'll bet it's more fun than enough to get the brushed finish consistent for the full length of a tube. The result is spectacular though. This is why the last Barnes gun I see ends up being my favorite until I see another! rolling happy smiley
April 20, 2009 09:04PM
Thank you.

Good call. It's a power adjust. yes.

And ... you are correct. The "Faux Carbon Fiber" design on the reservoir is hard to make uniform. It's hard to not get "hot spots" that the eye would gravitate to. It reflects and looks very, very much like a good carbon fiber pattern. I did it once ... and everybody that's seen it has liked it.

I also like to make a nice interplay of finishes. The trick is in knowing what is enough - what goes together. When to stop. take a bow

Gary
April 21, 2009 02:55PM
I seem to recall a Tundra Mag with the faux carbon fiber on the reservoir tube. Cool stuff.

-- Jim
April 21, 2009 03:16PM
Thanks. Yes - I've done a few of them. smiling smiley Looks neat when anodized too. During the knife years, I used to do alot of texture on titanium parts, then anodize them - to get a spectrum of effect and color.

Gary
April 20, 2009 11:07PM
Beautiful---Whoever the owner is, let me know if you want to sell it!
April 21, 2009 08:17PM
Found this pic. It goes with this gun. Shot during testing prior to shipment.

52yards.jpg

Gary
April 23, 2009 08:23AM
textured titanium ,,, isnt that the stuff that everyone hates working with ,,, you will be carving it next excited
April 23, 2009 12:53PM
Been there ... done that. The stuff of the mid-ninetys.

thumbs up

GAry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021