Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: PROCESSING PICTURES!!! PNEU TRADE KNIFE!!!! bullhorn

SOLD - PNEU .... TRADE KNIFE!!!! take a bow
January 16, 2017 10:08PM
This one has quite a few extra features ..... I can't STAND IT!!!!! excited

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2017 06:09AM by barnespneumatic.
January 16, 2017 10:37PM
Mirror Polished with FauxHammer and Actual Heat Coloring in A-2 Stainless Tool Steel.

Hand stitched Carved Leather

Dual Stag Button Slides on Soft Leather Fringe

Carved Stag

$550us

Drop Marker Here. Go to PM Page.

Thanks Very Much!!!
Gary

Oh .... The EXTRA FEATURES - on this set are as follows:

Mirror Polished Blade
Contour Carving around stag - both end
Butt End Carving
Hand Stitched Sheath
Hand Carved Leather
Dual Stag Buttons and Fringe Closure
Dyed leather

For the Combination of all of these extras, I've added about $195 to the base Trade Knife. They will all be Different. Please note; I'm just enjoying making different ideas as I finish these knives. I'm sure that Mountain Man, sitting on a log preparing to go to Spring Rendezvous, was making a wide variety of objects with varied features. You can imagine the embarrassment of five Mountain Men ended up around a fire, and realized they ALL had the same knife!!! Horrors! laughing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2017 02:14PM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
January 16, 2017 10:40PM
OH!!!!! Left Handers Notice!!!!!!

The curve of the handle feels great in either hand, but to not conflict .... I did make it to favor the left side!
January 16, 2017 10:44PM
Just want you all to have the head's up. I'd personally wear the sheath either side. But if you really favor the left, or you buckle under the eye of Hunting Buddy's (hehe), then the sheath is actually cut as a left sheath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2017 02:04PM by barnespneumatic.
Sal
January 18, 2017 04:51AM
That is a wicked looking knife Gary. Really nice contrast on the blade, very nice sheath too. The handle is very ornate and fits perfectly.
January 17, 2017 03:14AM
Is that pithwood i see? Love it all Gary!
January 17, 2017 03:30AM
Hi Steve,

Thanks much!

The buttons are sections of deer antler. Thru drilled. Edges relieved with belt Grinder. Looks like Pithwood buttons.

Gary
Re: FOR SALE!!!! PNEU TRADE KNIFE!!!! bullhorn
January 18, 2017 04:13AM
K .... It doesn't cost a nickel to comment.

There is a LOT of features here. A LOT of skills used to put this set together.

It's like Kurt commented on another thread .... You are buying TWO things. The sheath isn't just something that comes with it. It's a stand alone pretty serious project. Especially one like this.

I really liked the high contrasts in this set. Nature is full of contrasts. That's what makes beauty. It's the high contrast of that dark outer band around the vivid colored iris that highlights the beauty of a woman's eye. Highlight always plays against shadow. In these Rendezvous Trade Knives, it's the way you shade the antler between dark, color, and bone white. It's the tool marks played off against the obvious skilled hand of a human craftsman. It's even the very idea of a lowly tool being prized as a collectable that touches the part of us that wants to hold it. Wants to own it.

I don't just follow a step by step as I make one of these. It's think/step/think .... feel/think/step ... think/step/polish.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2017 04:16AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: FOR SALE!!!! PNEU TRADE KNIFE!!!! bullhorn
January 20, 2017 04:50AM
USA!  USA!. Well, living out here in the Holly, I wasn't real sure if some folks would have off tomorrow. Huh. Not. Well, I had been thinking you might have a bit of extra browsing time. Ahhh .... that's Arbor Day! Silly me.

No matter, I'm going to offer this knife on Friday ..... at a discount of minus $100 bucks. That will make the price (5am thru midnight) $450 plus $15 to ship. SOLD

image.jpeg

Hope you might enjoy taking advantage of this opportunity.

Drop your marker here.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2017 06:11AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: USA!  USA! FOR SALE!!!! PNEU TRADE KNIFE!!!! bullhorn
January 20, 2017 11:30PM
This Fine Trade Knife is Now Sold

Thank You, Sincerely
Gary
Re: SOLD - PNEU .... TRADE KNIFE!!!! take a bow
January 21, 2017 01:49PM
Hi Gary,

I'm glad that you sold it. The new owner made a great deal and I'm pretty sure that he will enjoy it. That knife and sheath combo are a conversation piece.
January 21, 2017 03:08PM
Thank you Julio,

I appreciate you taking the time to say that.

I hope you and your family are well.

Blessings,
Gary
January 21, 2017 05:13PM
Gary
I'm with Julio on that knife . It's one of my favorites and surley a conversation piece . I really like the sheath with its button draws and dark color to contrast the stag handle . I know you say they are not choppers for splitting wood but judging by your other blades I've used AND abused , I'm sure your under estimating it's performance.

Thanks again for the opportunity!

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021