Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: FOR SALE!!!! bullhorn UPGRADED! - BARNES PETRIFIED WOOD POCKETKNIFE - UPGRADED!

SOLD SOLD SOLD bullhorn UPGRADED! - BARNES PETRIFIED WOOD POCKETKNIFE - UPGRADED!
March 14, 2017 07:17PM
SOLD SOLD SOLDimage.jpeg

I decided this knife wasn't yet at its best. Therefore; I made a Cold Forged Copper Arrowhead. It's over three times as thick as it appears. It's inlaid. Prior to that inlay, I sanded and polished the Stabalized Spalted Southern Live Oak scales. I had finished them with a soft Satin Sheen, because they had a great tactile feel. However; they didn't show off their colors at their best. Polished is good. I then engraved the Spine of the Knife. It was then sanded and polished, bringing out the bi-metal colors (framed by the Oak).

I am going to now mirror polish the blade. The knife will then become a very dressy part of BPS's completed work. Hope you like it.

image.jpeg

I really enjoy the look.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The knife isn't quite complete. I'm doing the blade of this and the Brass Knife.

Enjoy!

Will post the price and activate the sale at 6:55 Central. Will post a couple more pics in a few min. It's 6:29 Central now

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2017 11:46PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: UPGRADED! - BARNES PETRIFIED WOOD POCKETKNIFE - UPGRADED!
March 14, 2017 10:44PM
drinking smileyDang, golly gee, holy schmoly, son of a gun ! What else can I say !

Thanks
Kurt
March 14, 2017 11:25PM
Get Ready. It's coming within 30 min ...,,.

price and activate sale at 6:55 CENTRAL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2017 11:30PM by barnespneumatic.
March 14, 2017 11:37PM
Sale at 6:55 CENTRAL

Price and Activation then.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
March 14, 2017 11:55PM
The price of this very nice Barnesmade Folder is: $495us

It's the first of my Stabalized Wood. It looks much like old stained and mellow bone.

Please leave your marker here for a time stamp. Then go to the PM SECTION.

THANKS GUYS!

Gary
March 15, 2017 01:17PM
Guys, I posted at 6:55 pm - last night, as planned.

Can you believe this! I checked in throughout the evening. No replies. Then, this morning, I'm notified that my 6:55pm post didn't ... post. It required an Administrator (such as myself) to approve it! So; I clicked APPROVE. But not before I took a screen shot for you.

image.jpeg

So; at any rate - it's here now. A really nice knife!

Thanks very much
Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2017 04:07AM by barnespneumatic.
March 28, 2017 04:09AM
Re: FOR SALE!!!! bullhorn UPGRADED! - BARNES PETRIFIED WOOD POCKETKNIFE - UPGRADED!
March 28, 2017 08:56PM
Gary
I just figured WHY this knife hasn't sold yet ! You've put the blade on upside down .
It's really beautiful

Thanks
Kurt
March 28, 2017 11:18PM
Hi Kurt,

I'm going to tell you a true story. I once sold a "Set" of 5 Art Folders. They were all inlaid Ancient Ivory. Engraved Titanium Side Plates over Stainless Steel Liners. Multi-color Anodizing in the titanium engraving. Paua shell in the inlay. Damascus Blades from about 3 3/4" up to 5". Nice knives. A variety of shapes. Very Colorful. In fact, I decided to name the set, "A Spring Festival of Color". cost was $14,000us.

One of the knives was a beautiful Wharncliff Blade design. The buyer called me ....mentioned that I had installed one of the blades backwards.

That's an extreme example. However; most people admire your Creativity just so long as you make what they are familiar with. Beyond that; they "might" be intrigued by something atypical that you make ..... But they don't know if it's OK to like it. stunned. I mean, you have this amazingly handy knife. That blade is just perfect for everything you go to do. But then, you show it to your best friend and he says .... "Why is the blade upside down?!!"

I have a book somewhere. Or had one. Has exceptional copies of catalog pages from the 1700's. So many beautiful Wharncliff blade designs. Mostly wood scales. Ahhh!!! That's another thing Kurt. You know ..., "Wood" is Walnut. Not quite sure there. You know I spent my Birthday, Christmas, and Allowance money for this year, in a Vacuum Pump, Vacuum Chamber, and Chemicals to Stabalize WOOD. I'm pretty psyched about finding my own Spalted Southern Live Oak. From BPS. Neat. But ... it's not walnut. Hah!!

Ok. My Break is over. Hey - did you try my Apple suggestion - "Pink Lady Variety?" Of course .... they weren't Red Delicious. Haha.

K. Back to work.

Gary
March 28, 2017 09:07PM
This knife is awsome. If I hadn't already bought a knife this spring, this would no longer be for sale. I wish I could swing it, but it's not in the cards.
Re: SOLD SOLD SOLD bullhorn UPGRADED! - BARNES PETRIFIED WOOD POCKETKNIFE - UPGRADED!
March 28, 2017 11:47PM
SOLD SOLD SOLD.

Many Thanks.

take a bow

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021