Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: bullhorn FOR SALE .... EXTRA SPECIAL 97 .... bullhorn

boing artist SOLD SOLD SOLD ... EXTRA SPECIAL 97 .... take a bow
March 27, 2017 07:33PM
I wanted to make sure you didn't miss these pics!!!!!

This is really a wonderful Model 97 Barnes.

It features a marvelous carved case, with file art vine work on the spine. This pattern of carving is one I was reminded of as I browsed thru one of my files of drawings. This from pages including 3/6/93.

The scales are "Dropped Elk" which have been recut, stained, and polished. They are really rich looking, to my taste.

The mechanism is perfect. Extremely smooth. (Yes - this is the knife from the story. I had finished the tool steel button locking plunger, with a slight taper on the engaging face. That's for a different mechanism. And so, I had to cut, lathe, drill turn, an entirely new plunger to spec. Then heat treat, polish, fit. Perfect. However; I missed my window. This knife was to be displayed and offered for sale at the Tulsa Gun/Knife show by a Dealer I'll be associating with. All that means that ... at this time .... I am offering this knife, for sale, to you.

Because you have been faithful in meeting the terms of split schedules: I offer the following three Programs.

1. Three monthly payments of ........... $410us. (Total $1,230 .... $80 more than making 2 pymts) . ($155 more than single pymt.)
2. Two monthly payments of ............... $575us. (Total $1,150 .....$75 more than making 1 pymt)
3. One full payment of ........................ $1,075us

(I must ask that you strictly keep the schedule you choose. We really appreciate your past responsible accounting).

Now! The Knife. Remember - EVERYBODY tells you that the pictures don't do justice - BELIEVE THEM!

USPS guy needs $20 on this. Keep it safe. Get it there quickly. It's USPS PRIORITY MAIL.

Drop your MARKER HERE for a time stamp - go to PM section. I'm there as "barnespneumatic"
Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2017 02:46PM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
March 28, 2017 02:10AM
I like that. Please reserve for my budding collection
March 28, 2017 02:28AM
Hello Alice,

By all means. It's an honor to do so. take a bow

It is a beautiful knife. What a companion for the inlaid piece.

THIS FINE BARNES 97 is now SOLD SOLD SOLD!

Gary
Re: boing artist SOLD SOLD SOLD ... EXTRA SPECIAL 97 .... take a bow
March 28, 2017 08:33PM
Dang
That one didn't last long . It looks like a different spacer down at tip of the blade Gary . Is it copper or wood ? It looks orange/ brown in pics. I also notice with the knife in the closed position how PERFECTLY centered it is ! Very nice . The file work is out of this world too .

So why is it called dropped elk ? Is it because they were shed or is it a drop tine ? Excuse my not knowing the terminology. I've never heard of it before . Maybe they are stronger when they are sheds instead of kill mid rut with hormones still coursing . Hmmmm

Thanks
Kurt
Re: boing artist SOLD SOLD SOLD ... EXTRA SPECIAL 97 .... take a bow
March 28, 2017 11:30PM
Hi Kurt,

The Antlers were Sheds, yes. Then weathered. I forget the connection, but I got then from a fellow ... probably 35 years ago or more. Most people enjoy stag. Its traditional.

The spacer is Linen Phenolic. Very tough material. Hah - I also sourced and bought that material about the time I got the stag. Gosh, guess the whole thing is just left overs! Shhhhhhh ...... Haha.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021