Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SOLD Green bowing GREAT PICTURES - NEWEST KNIFE SOLD Green bowing

SOLD Green bowing GREAT PICTURES - NEWEST KNIFE SOLD Green bowing
April 25, 2017 03:51PM
SOLD SOLD SOLD

This Aurora feels wonderful in the hand. The Stabalized Spalted Southern Live Oak grew here on our property. It was processed here. It feels like polished hardwood. While it's very nicely polished, it still feels like a non slip surface.

I have this mechanism down to a fine instrument. This is NOT a hardware store knife. The proportions and geometry make a crisp action that doesn't seem harsh. The blade turns on a precision fit barrel bushing. It turns between two trunnions so that the Ricasso does not get scratched up (if you keep the knife clean inside - grit would scratch your Rolex too, if it got inside)

The blade is differentially heat treated. The spring and blade are tempered Stainless Tool Steel. The case is solid brass of a particular alloy I've chosen for color and machinability. The knife is a great pocket size. You can do anything short of chopping firewood or building a log cabin with this. This is a precise Executive's Accessory.

I am offering this at the most reasonable cost possible. $495us and $15 for the Postman.

Please drop your marker here (meaning to openly state "I'll take it, Gary". Then go to the PM section of the forum where I am "barnespneumatic", and ask any question, request address, or state your intentions for purchase.

This is a fine handmade folding knife. My name is on it. My 43 years as a knifemaker stands behind it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2017 06:09PM by barnespneumatic.
IMG_4530.JPG
IMG_4531.JPG
IMG_4532.JPG
IMG_4533.JPG
IMG_4534.JPG
IMG_4535.JPG
IMG_4536.JPG
IMG_4537.JPG
IMG_4538.JPG
IMG_4539.JPG
IMG_4540.JPG
IMG_4541.JPG
IMG_4542.JPG
Re: bullhornFOR SALE - LATEST AURORA EXECUTIVE ... bullhorn lots of pix
April 25, 2017 03:59PM
BTW - all Aurora folders have BOTH right AND left side nail nicks in the blade. (About 75% of my customers are left handed, when last noted). And, we aren't sure if your Grandson or Granddaughter will be right or left handed ... do we. I have twin Grandsons. One is right handed - the other left. I think ahead.

God Bless,
Gary
Re: bullhorn GREAT PICTURES - NEWEST KNIFE FOR SALE - boing
April 26, 2017 07:37AM
Masterpiece I say
The grain structure you chose is outta this world .

Thanks
Kurt
April 28, 2017 05:18PM
Been gone for a while, but I'm back for a bit.

That sure is one beautiful knife!
April 28, 2017 06:30PM
Hello Sean,

Welcome back. I hope you are well.

Things are scampering right along here!

(Some conflict between my phone upgrade and our emojis cause my posts to be dumped if I use them. So .... it's back to 1990 ..... ;?)

Gary
May 07, 2017 08:56PM
For a test, I ran that pricing/feature chart on this knife.

It came out to $600

The chart is running pretty true. I ALWAYS take my gut reaction price, and reduce it.

Now, I've priced a bit over 1,380 knives over 40 plus years. I might be pretty "experienced". But now, I'm running a couple of scales. I can't help but recall the 1,100 plus of the Great Years. So I see that flash up on my screen. Then, I work from the input of all the knives I've made here at BPS. I make every effort to keep them all to scale.

I realize that Custom Knives have the same blessings as Custom Rifles. People's attraction is much based upon the Stock ... and the lines. After that comes the technical stuff. Last is the work you can't see.

You need to shoot a Barnes Rifle. You need to examine the inside of a Barnes Folder. It's tough when most are more willing to buy the stock than the gun. So; Smart man would buy an expensive figured Stock blank and build a minimum gun inside. Working the wood is much the same - except for the inferior strength of the figured grain. And, probably most would be happy to buy some gorgeous Pearl scales on a simple folder. How about a nice Cobra body on a Pinto pan .... for the Friday night cruise. Haha. A good exhaust system and locked down hood will cover a lot. Haha.

Problem with me is the darned ethics of the whole thing. I always spend wayyyy too much time on the chassis and running gear. And then, I can definitely handle the outside too. But it does all count. What's the answer? Funny, I did the Base Camp and didn't get flooded with requests. Seems there's that "Barnes" thing. People would rather own none, than own one that wasn't top of the line. They'll spend the same amount from some guy who barely got his nailed together - but it's his top drawer! Gaga. That's right. First Clas....... Oh DON'T OPEN THatttt..... yeah, I know. Does that all the time .....

Ok. My soup is gone. Back to work.

Gary
May 30, 2017 10:16PM
Ok. 130 views.

Kurt and Sean liked it.

Alright. We're done with that one ....

Hah!

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021