Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Carnivore 58

Carnivore 58
May 14, 2009 08:21PM
I'll post this here on the main page, and then move it over to Gary's Galleries to archive it later.

This is a great 58 caliber in the 600+ fpe range. A bolt action, featuring hard color anodized billet, and carved walnut stock.

carnivore1.jpg

Here's a shot Jim took when the gun was being tested at the range, before the billet was anodized. Here you see it in a brushed billet finish.

carnivore2.jpg

I carved the Bastone Walnut stock in Oak leaved and Acorns

Carnivore3.jpg

This was a good look ....

Carnivore80yd.jpg

And the gun was very accurate ...

ACarnivore_anodizing.jpg

But I could see it this way ... in my mind's eye.

ACarnivore_Burl.jpg

I called this hard color anodized finish ... "Burl".

ACarnivore_carving1.jpg

Detail of the carving.

ACarnivore_forestock.jpg

And the forestock, blending with the Burl billet. I thought this came out really nice.

Gary
Re: Carnivore 58
May 14, 2009 09:31PM
I shot that double, didn't I? With that "Leupold" you had on there, no less. We'll have to go back and look up the story.

-- Jim
May 14, 2009 10:33PM
na , thats seldom the case , ill bet gary shot it , using an old screw , a bit of tape and a dab of bluetac as sights , and its a triple , the other hole is right in the centre of one of the others , it only looks like a double , because of that flyer,,, lol
ok , teasing over , love the stock , schnabell front is super . mind that burl finish isnt shabby either .
what sets a carnivore aside froma woodsman , im starting to loose track , your certainly busy in product development , its almost worth asking , have you ever made two gun the same.
nice pics of a beautiful pice of work.
thanks for shareing
tom
May 15, 2009 12:50AM
Hi Tom,

Almost never. A few Victory pistols are real close. However; I'd prefer to be able to have them all be unique.

Gary
May 15, 2009 04:06PM
A master piece Gary! I want one of these! It's kind a tough to look at one of these beautiful guns knowingly you can't have them, well..... hopefully maybe in the future he...he. I don't think any serious airgunner worth his salt whom doesn't want to own one or several after looking at them. Your guns are worthy of the collector's grade and a family heirloom. Great Job Gary!!
May 15, 2009 06:41PM
That's a great looking gun. It's a beast too. 600+ FPE is nothing to sneeze at. When you've shot a gun in this class, you know you've shot something!
May 15, 2009 07:19PM
Carnivore is one of the best looking airguns in the first pictures, but unique and unbelievably good looking PCP with that anodized finish ... "Burl". That anodizing makes it The carnivore with which I'm familiar through pictures which I have seen.
May 15, 2009 08:19PM
Thank you Gentlemen. It's nice to hear that you like it.

I know it's frustrating that there's only so much of the work to go around. That sets up a really unique set of issues that you might not think of. Remember Newton's 3rd law: "To every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction". From my perspective, I find that for everyone that enjoys seeing a pc. I've made, there's someone reminded that they can't buy one. For everybody that says they'd wear out the barrel if they had one, there's one sitting, unused, in a dark closet. Even for everyone who enjoys reading along, and hearing everyone's comments, there's someone tired of hearing about somebody else's gun getting completed. That feeling of accomplishment is a tight rope with disappointment on both sides. Not much time to relax. So ... It's good to hear folks enjoying the things that are posted. take a bow

Gary
May 15, 2009 09:01PM
I was just kidding Gary, hope you don't take it wrong. I do enjoy looking at all your guns and admiring them he..he.
May 16, 2009 01:49AM
thumbs up

of course ..

smileys with beer
May 28, 2009 01:37PM
he_aint_heavy.jpg

Found this pic of me shooting the unfinished Carnivore offhand. I recall we were blasting steel hawgs @ 50-70 yards no problem. It's a stout rifle, but not too heavy for my puny geek frame. typing

-- Jim
May 28, 2009 07:38PM
Ohhhhh mannnnnnn

If I was on the ledger, I think I'd be changing my order about now.......

O that is soooo sweet!

The anodizing is what I think aluminum would look like if it had figured grain.......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021