Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Guns on this Space coming .... shooter

Posted by barnespneumatic 
First Guns on this Space coming .... shooter
August 11, 2011 04:01PM
1). One of the first guns to appear here, will be one I'm completing. Made partly from N.O.S. (New Old Stock). 32 magnum power. Traditional looks. Possibly figured Mahogany with Walnut caps if the stock I have is correct for the action when complete. (Under Contract)

2). The second gun will probably be a 308 Hawk. This is a more powerful version of the Appaloosa. Looks similar. This one will be a full dresser - engraved and carved walnut.

Both guns are a few days from being complete. However; I never assume I'll get three days work in three days.

Best,
Gary

Thank you for checking this space.

3). Third gun, when time allows ... will be one of the new 46 X-Caliber designs I talked about. Here's the story. No - I'm not stamping them out.

#1 is made from NOS. I just realized I had more parts for this than I knew. I needed a billet receiver mainly. That's now machined. Everything is blued. Intakes and valves in stock. So - surprise ... I have a nice gun.

#2 is a gun the intended buyer found himself unable to take. It was never intended to be a quick sale gun. It was an order. It does not match another order, therefore it's mine.

#3 is a third gun which another intended buyer found himself unable to take. I'd like to personally thank all the members of Congress who have contributed to the most irresponsible spending the nation has ever experienced. And, we will have a nice 46 magnum power rifle for sale soon.

To my knowledge, the inability or unwillingness of a prospective buyer to close on a rifle ... does not alter the quality, rarity, power, or accuracy of said rifle. Therefore; "You" may find yourself in a position to secure a fine Barnes rifle. A couple of these guns, at least, will qualify for some manner of "Reverse Ledger" payment system. Think about it while I work.

God Bless,
Gary

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2011 01:38AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: First Guns on this Space coming .... shooter
August 11, 2011 07:56PM
Aw geez... now I'm gonna hafta check this page even more frequently than I already do! You're killing my productivity Gary!
Scott
August 12, 2011 01:59AM
Worked on the trigger block, with it's internal tool steel firing levers, sears, links, springs today. Always takes longer than you would think. But a trigger makes a fine rifle.

Holding up decent. Thanks.

Have not forgotten all of you with each project. believe me - it never is far below the surface. Let me get my legs back and a couple of bills paid, and I'll be back on those.

Best,
Gary
August 14, 2011 07:29AM
Gary, my mind is numb from too much snow and too many shakes...remind me about the X-Caliber design?
Cheers
Neil
August 14, 2011 02:46PM
HI Neil,

It's the one I haven't shown yet. Don't you remember seeing it? stunned hahhah

It's what I was working on before the last series of health rapids I went thru. I may eventually live long enough to assemble one and show it. Maddening to me as well.

Light frame powerful series, due to new valve technology. Hand in there.

Gary
August 16, 2011 06:37PM
Ahh, of course, I remember not seeing it now.......self-hammer
August 16, 2011 10:40PM
I'll be waiting and watching for them GB.
August 17, 2011 02:28PM
Should have one action firing today.

shooter stunned shooter with bench rifle
August 17, 2011 04:36PM
Hi Gary,

Is that the .32 magnum? Good luck on the first fire. thumbs up

Julio
August 17, 2011 05:08PM
Thank you Julio!

Yes ... it is indeed. I appreciate the good luck wish! smileys with beer

Note also ... in the past, I already took the other 308 rifle to the range. I must find the thread where I shot it. I've already posted numbers and accuracy pics. Thanks for reminding me.

Gary
August 17, 2011 05:17PM
[www.airgunrendezvous.com]

Here's one ... but it's related to the performance.

Another will be regarding this new .308" barrel that's on the full dressed rifle that's called "Hawk".

[www.airgunrendezvous.com]

The thread is on page 4 or 5 of the main forum, and simply called ...... 308

I thought there was yet another thread or two with pics. I can't find it .... yet.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2011 05:20PM by barnespneumatic.
November 16, 2011 12:55PM
So, are any of these still for sale?
November 16, 2011 02:58PM
Hello, and welcome to the Rendezvous.

A couple are still for sale, yes. They are not complete at this point. That's why they haven't been up here. The others that were sold as they were entering the field testing phase. People contacted me privately and wanted to buy them. So; they never got as far as being posted here.

The ones that will eventually show here are a great 46 Orion Class Yukon. A fully dressed 308 with carving and engraving. And a 62 Orion Class Yukon. There are other guns in the shop that were made for shows and didn't get complete, or made for customers who changed their orders - a few of those. I never know when they will be ready as the prime objective is to get the ledger orders out ... but this program is the cash flow - meterered out as needed.

I'll help if you have other questions.

Welcome, once again,
Gary
November 17, 2011 12:05AM
I clicked and clicked, page after page, I can find the Yukon's but what is/does the Orion Class do? I couldn't find a think on the 308 either. I was almost on the ledger about 12 years ago. Honestly, I chickend out! I still come back and look all the time and now I have the property and time to enjoy one.
November 17, 2011 02:02AM
Hi Again,

Sorry - there isn't a simple answer again.

The Yukon Orion is a lighter version of the Yukon Class rifle, with nearly the same power. It's intended for hunting. It's not been shown yet as they are still incomplete.

It would be simplier for everybody else, if I made just a couple of models or all of them the same. However; I seem to have too many ideas for that, and the idea bores me to tears. So; they are not easy to just look up. When the pcs. are closer, I'll show them. The .308" will look something like the Appaloosa. Some differences. The Orion Class are very good lines, but don't look like any others I've made.

Sorry but that's what you get with art. Fun for some, maddening for most.

Thanks for asking. I sincerely appreciate it.

Gary
November 17, 2011 04:40PM
Well, I'm starting to get my legs back underneath me on your site. I found the Appaloosa! Looks like the .308 in the Appaloosa is a little smaller than the Prairie I was going to order years ago. Will the Appaloosa be able to use over the counter .308 reloading bullets instead of having to cast your own? Thanks, Tim
November 17, 2011 07:35PM
Hello,

.308 over the counter bullets are not generic. And, they won't all measure .308". They're not designed for airguns - they are hard lead so they can take firearm velocities. We normally use soft lead.

It's one of those things that is just supposed to have one simple answer ... "Yes". Other than that, and it sounds like endless detailed whining. Point is ... what we are doing here is not generic. Honestly, it's really like worrying if I can buy tires for my Dodge Viper at Vinnie's Tire Rack. Once I go to all the effort of making a fine custom rifle, the proper bullets are a part of the system. Other things might work to a point, but they are not part of the engineered total package. Building a fine custom rifle with the design spec. of using box reloading bullet heads is just never how I've approached the projects.

Answering from this side of the screen. No intention of sounding superior ... just sounding like the guy that spent the 300 hours on the gun. ;?)

Gary
November 17, 2011 07:45PM
well... my heart skipped a beat when i saw the gun room had been updated
thanks timinatorsmiling smiley welcome to the forum
steve
December 16, 2011 02:16AM
Hi Gary,
I am new to the forum, but have watched your guns for years. I am from Alaska and currently a police officer/ firearms instructor/armorer in Washington, DC. I would be grateful if you would allow me to put a contract on the 2nd gun...the 308 Hawk, if it is not spoken for already. My passion for years has been class III full auto stuff...but believe it or not, the PCP platform has intrigued me just as much as the H&K MP5 full auto 9mm. I shoot all my guns...no wall hangers, so it will be well used... and with care. I also work at FLETC in Cheltenham, MD (one of the largest indoor ranges in the world...they have 100 yard indoor range). Some of the FEDS out there would be very interested in seeing such a beautiful work of art that can push a projectile at such great speeds without the use of gunpowder. Please let me know if I may gain a contract on this up coming piece. I'm not in a hurry....much of the class III stuff takes a long time as well...I'm patient and I understand the waiting process.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Gavin Morrison
Morrisongd@aol.com
240-247-7225
December 16, 2011 02:52AM
Hello Gavin,

Thank you for posting. Welcome to our Rendezvous site. I hope you enjoy the conversation.

The Hawk .308" is not spoken for. You are welcome to contract it. Here is a thread link you may like to see. It's the current state of the Hawk 308 Stock. The gun is about 85% complete. [www.airgunrendezvous.com] If you will search for .308" and "Hawk", as well as "Carving", you will run into other threads on the gun. I've placed these materials here, for exactly such a purpose.

In the upper right hand corner of your screen, you will find a link to "Private Messages". You can choose to select a member (myself included) and use our internal e-mail, as part of your membership. However it seems best to you. An e-mail notification will be sent to you, whenever you have a PM message waiting here. It's an auto-notification system, with a provided link.

However I may help you, I will. Welcome to Rendezvous.

Sincerely,
Gary
January 11, 2012 03:12PM
Well hell, I didn't know you could put a contract on one till they came up for sale since these wern't "contract" guns and you're not taking contracts! Is there anything coming down the pipe anytime in the future?
January 11, 2012 06:31PM
It's a new idea. There wasn't any rule book to go by. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

To my mind ... I haven't taken any "contracts". I simply sold the guns which I was building, showing, and posting. I agreed upon terms to those people who purchased them.

After the first one sold, while under build ... I did explain, and I asked any people interested in the others to contact me.

So far as others coming, yes ... the Orion 46 and Orion 62 have been mentioned. However; I am not ready to do those now ... and I don't have all the details and numbers nailed down. I can tell you that the Orion models begin at $6,900us. Many details alter the price after that.

There are other guns in the shop that have been started, through the years. I don't have a complete list and or pricing. That would mean that they were all inventoried and ready to go. I don't want to add to the burden or obligations by assigning them and guessing a price and details.

None of this sneaks up on regular readers. Each gun I sold, I showed, extensively. I showed it being built, and I showed it at the range. Once the guns are that far along, and I actually show velocity, energy, and accuracy specs ... then it's clear that they are very far along. That's when people contacted me and snapped them up.

Hope that helps. Thanks for asking.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021