Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cowboy Movies ... Head 'em off at the pass

Posted by barnespneumatic 
Cowboy Movies ... Head 'em off at the pass
August 19, 2011 06:20PM
Hi Guys,

My father-in-law watches cowboy movies about 18 hours a day. A typical theme is ... "Head 'em off at the Pass". I'm gonna try to do that.

I'll very soon now, be showing you the new rifle, in the stock (less sanding and finish) ... but you will definitely have the personality of the pc. then. I'm sure that there are a few good people out there, that are rather "boiling" at the idea that I'll be selling a rifle. And, I expect to get notes explaining that I could "Sell mine when it's finished ... and I'll take that one". I fully understand the logic. And, I don't blame anyone for being upset at the hideous delays that have come about. I never expected to be here. I won't go over the reasons again.

Here's the bottom line. Everybody knows the time has passed, and everybody will know it's God's truth, that you have not been asked for one dime more than I agreed to make your gun for ... no matter how many years ago that was. I often order materials from my 2007 catalog ... because I have hundreds of things marked, highlighted, and indexed. The things I use often. As a simple example ... something that cost me $1.10 cents in 2007 ... now comes up at about $3.30 on my billing. Same item. Some a bit more - some a bit less. All my expenses have doubled since I started Barnes Pneumatic, and I'm not living any higher than ever. You all live the same lives. I'm not whining. Just reviewing.

Now ... the fact that the years have passed, and nobody has been hit up for extra money ... tells you I must have found a gold mine under the house ... maybe Al Capone's vault that Geraldo missed. ;?) Wish it were so. On top of the obvious ... my medical has skyrocketed and my wife's business has been killed by the economy. Not whining ... just facts. Therefore; I have to pay my bills. And, I have. They are up to date. But, it takes every ounce of energy and creativity I have.

Now ... "your gun". It's in pcs. in the shop. I'm not robbing it's parts. I haven't forgotten how to do it. I have all the drawings and specs. Fact is ... once I have the major parts finished (meaning milled and blued) ... it takes several weeks of hard work to make the little stuff that joins everything. That's if nothing goes wrong. Now ... that rough estimate is three weeks of hours. Not just three weeks passing. I usually quit about 9:30 pm ... some rare nights a bit later. Some I just don't have it in me. I used to routinely work to silly hours of the night. No more.

Let me share one of those things that either helps, or annoys you. Some day ... maybe ... someone will care enough to sort thru this stuff and put the story with the guns. That's why I share the stuff that was "Gary" while he made the guns that exist. Last night, I dreamed I was captured ... it was sort of a WWII military spy setting sort of movie format ... without it really being that. I was being hauled off, and it was being determined that I had another true identity. Then, the dream switched ... I was another younger man .... and I was captured again (don't know why) ... but I was being put into this old van. The van didn't have any floors in it ... so I was pressed into service helping my captors install wooden planks and seats in the van. At some point, during the episode ... myself and several others escaped. And ran for our lives. Across a field that was rising upward. I got seperated from the others ... and managed to approach some scrub trees and bushes .... then it fades. Later in the night ... I was in a car. I was a child. And ... some man who I didn't know ... threatened me to stay put while he went into some building. All the sudden, I made a break for it ... and drove the car like mad ... thru yards and fields. I then had my sister with me ... (I don't have a sister) ... and I was doing all I could for us to get away. A bit later in the night ... this time I was watching some young woman who was fleeing capture. She was doing a decent job for a while ... but then she made a wrong directional choice ... and it lead her right back to her captors.

Wierd. Wonder what it all means ... whistling

Point is ... I'm very well aware that you are waiting. And, it would do me no good to switch one gun for another unfinished one. I have to keep the lights one, or nobody gets anything. So; believe it or not ... I'm doing my best. I know ... me too.

Yeah ... can't wait to get some quality rest tonight ... hahah ..... alien

I'll get back now. Gotta sand this stock. Hope somebody likes it ... and the rest of you waiting .... hate it. ;?)

Take Care,
Gary
Anonymous User
Re: Cowboy Movies ... Head 'em off at the pass
August 21, 2011 05:45PM
Meaningless and inconsiderate people are trying to trap you. You are to avoid this at all cost. Maybe you wish you had a sister, and maybe you should have served in the military. If people complain to you about their rifle, this could prove to you that YOUR heart and soul, they do not deserve. Ignore people that intimidate you, focus your mind on your dream,s and your beautiful work, it was given to you for a reason. Just my opinion,
August 22, 2011 10:38PM
What it means to me is...You need to give yourself a break, take the time you need. Everyone agreed to the same set of rules when they signed up,
and we all know you aren't trying to slouch off, so just Tune Out the Nay sayers and Relax as much as you can.The Universe will sort itself out.

Rick G.
August 23, 2011 02:10AM
I do agree with Rick: "the Universe will sort itself out"sunny

Julio
August 23, 2011 02:20AM
Thanks Guys,

I sent you your pics Julio.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021