Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nautilus .32

Nautilus .32
May 16, 2011 01:42AM
Yesterday I had a break and went to the range in the morning. This time I brought with me the Nautilus .32. The Nautilus is a very powerful for its caliber air rifle and one of its most interesting characteristic is that it works at 2,100 psi.

Its design resembles a very classic looking rifle. This one is heavy but easy to handle and balance very well when you shoot it standing.
Gary had the butt flask reservoir for repair, because it broke one of its valves. You can find that story on another topic. The flask arrived early this week and yesterday was the perfect time to marry the flask to the Nautilus front end.

In the next two pictures you can see the Nautilus flask and its front end.
DSC02214.JPG
DSC02215.JPG

Putting them together is as easy as screwing a bolt. On this picture I was almost ending the process, but there was something that didn’t look right.
DSC02216.JPG

Ahh! One more turn to the flask and everything will get perfectly aligned.

On this following picture the rifle is assembled and ready to shoot. I also installed the scope using the special brass scope mount made by Gary Barnes.
DSC02217.JPG

On this picture you can have a better look at the brass scope mount.
DSC02218.JPG

Also if you look below the scope mount is the cocking lever. On this rifle you have to push forward to cock it, at this same time the breach gets open for you to insert the slug. Then using the tool that you see under the rifle you seat the slug in the barrel and after that you pull back the lever to its original position in order to close the breach. Here the rifle will be ready to shoot.

Sorry today I have no targets to share with you, because in the process of zeroing the scope it started raining and I decided to place some steel spinning targets on the range to shoot at them.

The Nautilus is ready and on my next trip to the range I will shoot some 50 & 100 yards targets to show to you how accurate this rifle is.

Julio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2011 01:48AM by Julio.
Re: Nautilus .32
May 16, 2011 03:31AM
Julio,

You know I've always thought that was an elegant rifle.thumbs up

What scope is that? It looks like the perfect size for the gun and side focus.

I'll look for the target session.

Lon
May 16, 2011 11:11AM
Hi Lon,

The scope is a Center Point 4-16X40mm. Gary had it installed on the rifle, when I had a chance to test the Nautilus back at the Cuppa Joe and I ask him to leave it installed. You know Gary is a loyal Team Simmons member...

Julio
May 17, 2011 12:35AM
Hello Julio,

I'm now liking the Nikko Stirling stufff. They have a wide variety.

When you ever feel the need, the Nikko 4x16x44 I just bought for Brian's Victory would be something for you to consider for that same mount. So long as that's working (it was nice and clear and accurate) ... and so long as you don't get teased by the scope snobs ... then you are golden! smileys with beer

Gary
May 19, 2011 12:36AM
Very unique rifle so say the least. A little "Girandoni" looking.

Gary, how did you get the butt stock shaped like that?
May 19, 2011 02:09AM
Hello Cedric,

The components were shaped from sheet steel. Rolled/pressed to shape. Components welded. Besides the firing valve, it has a quick fill intake, as well as a tunable overfill regulator which blows off above set pressure, and then resets at set psi. So; I call it a "tri-valve" design. The skin is wet molded leather that was hand stitched and finished. Thanks for asking.

Gary
May 19, 2011 02:45AM
Ced,

The Nautilus is a gun you really need to see in person to appreciate. It's just like a Condor since it's a "bottle gun." Except that it has a proper quick fill that does not require you to take it down to fill, it is built solid so there is no frame flex, it shoots 213gr "Torpedo" slugs, makes a lot more power, fits human shooters and looks like it just came out of a museum collection....except for those things, it's just an AF gun souped up!
Anonymous User
May 29, 2011 04:37PM
Very nice Julio, i have a condor in 22 caliber.
June 03, 2011 09:05PM
Julio, You are so lucky to have this in your possession. Congrats to you and happy shooting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021