Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Joe's Stock ... so far

Joe's Stock ... so far
May 28, 2011 12:03AM
This is a very complex stock to inlet. The hammer power house is inside the tube, inside the pistol grip. That means an angled piercing, in proper relationship with the very large channel for the billet receiver. Integral trigger gaurd - all has to be in proper relationship.

It's been a test of patience, to get it to this stage so that I can test the slugs I made for this rifle, some days ago.

Time now to clean up and go pick up my wife at the airport. ;?)

a_Joe.jpg

a_Joe2.jpg

There will be a contrasting shoe on the bottom of the pistol grip. Everything here, is just blocked out. However, at this time, the rifle is shootable. A bit hard on the cheek though ... whistling But ... Joe's tough! smileys with beer

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2011 12:05AM by barnespneumatic.
Anonymous User
Re: Joe's Stock ... so far
May 28, 2011 07:45AM
Yea!!!!!!!! I got a beard that will round that little edge over in just a few shots, hehehehe. Hey Gary that is looking sweet. I just noticed that the presure tube is actually at an angle too. This design has a lot of complicated work going on. Man it's turning great though. Wish I could help you test those slugs, I know it;s going to be fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2011 07:46AM by Joe Hoover.
May 28, 2011 02:14PM
Hi Joe,

Well, I can let that spare barrel clamp on there, and call it a special super droooper or some such ... or ... I can make the one that's supposed to be on there. hahaha. That's one that was laying on the bench, and I clamped it on there to keep the barrel firm while I was working and doing some early testing. More coffee Good eye. USA!  USA!

Gary
May 28, 2011 06:44PM
Coming together nicely Gary! Hope the testing goes well.
Don't forget to change out of those clothes you've had on for the last few weeks before you pick up Kellygrinning smiley
Cheers
Neil
May 28, 2011 07:39PM
Hi Neil,

Hey - I just splashed on alittle after shave ... and I was good to go! Another idea! Saved alot of time.

How is the repairs on your TT coming? I've thought of that several times. I didn't even know that they made that rocket version. I've always liked the lines of the hard top. Really enjoy the rag top, but the hard top harkens to the lines of the 356 series.

How's the eye coming along? Have they done any laser work on that for you?

Gary
May 28, 2011 11:48PM
Looking really nice so far.....even the wood! more innocent

haha
May 29, 2011 05:32AM
Hi Gary
The TT should be ready on Tuesday. I'll post a pic when I have her back in her full glory...
The eye goes back in for a look in a couple of weeks. It is still partly cloudy, and doesn't seem to be improving, but the surgery options sound so risky that I think I will just live with it!
Getting old is not without its complications, but I don't think I need to tell you that!!!google eyes
Cheers
Neil
May 29, 2011 02:40PM
Hey ... speak for yourself ... ya old coot .... hahahh. I don't know anything about getting old .. heck ... I was born old. grinning smiley But, I hope they get you into a workable format soon. thumbs up

Yeah ... can't wait to see the TT all shined up. Did you get some new fuzzy dice for the rear view mirror?

Gary
May 31, 2011 06:27PM
Heeey, enough of the "old coot", just remember you are a YEAR older than me!!! At least until next week. Then I will be reeaallly old.
Hehe
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021