Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Saturday

Saturday
February 10, 2009 04:47PM
I took a few pics Saturday, when Jerry and I went shooting. You've seen his high speed videos. Here's a few stills I took.

range1.jpg

As Jerry mentioned, from 8 - 10:30 one night during the week, on a day that had been saturated by obligations to this eternal legal mess with my deceased parent's estate, I NEEDED something mindless to do. I decided to paint the interior of the trailer (with a propane heater roaring away).

I started on putting in the white wire shelving, and Jerry helped me finish them Sat. am. Digging thru tumbled tubs of range "stuff", is such a waste of time. Any organization you can bring to your range time is a big help. As you see, the additions to the trailer include a $15 drip coffee maker. I mean ... we'll rough it to a point ... but ... coffee is a must!

woodsman.jpg

The Woodsman 62/32 stays looking fit, although it's had a ton of use. The stock keeps getting more mellow all the time.

prairie.jpg

The Prairie 3 is doing very well. That new scope of Jerry's is a winner too. I hate to admit it, but it's a keeper. Looking into the Sun @ 50 power made me a believer in THIS scope. I think he should give it to me ... and buy a better one for himself! whistling

prairie3.jpg

114yds.jpg

As we set up and started to shoot. Jerry's Eagle eye spotted the blinding flash of something out in the field. His fancy new scope revealed it to be a snack bag. Jerry decided it needed to be shot. And promptly put three slugs into it in a row! Range finder said 114 yards. Cold - gun right out of the case - first shots of the day. Nice job.

bag.jpg

I watched it dance thru the Woodsman scope. Funny, after the third shot, it leaped into the air, where the wind caught it ... and it cartwheeled in to about 40 yards from us! That's service. haha.

mud.jpg

We cursed the mud all day. We got a nice day for temperature ... and got the hideous mud as a result.

Good day. Wore me out. Fun to see the pics and videos.

Gary
Re: Saturday
February 10, 2009 05:57PM
That is some clever engineering there with the light fixture cut out!
February 10, 2009 06:35PM
That's right Jerry! Stuff like THAT, doesn't just happen .... ya know!? idea

Gary
February 10, 2009 06:11PM
Did you manage to find room in the trailer for a sofa to nap on?rolling happy smiley
Looks like you guys had a cold, muddy, icy fun time....
February 10, 2009 06:33PM
A Sofa! THAT's what we forgot!!! laughing again To STAY HOME on the SOFA!!!

Yes - not living in paradise, like SOME people do, we have to do the best we can with the rotten, stinking, lousy, mind numbing, back breaking ..... winter. But ... I digress ... winking smiley

Gary
February 10, 2009 06:35PM
Gary, you didn't post a picture of the trailer trophy room did you!!?? LOL!
February 10, 2009 10:30PM
No espresso machine? excitedcoffee How old is the mahogany stock?
February 10, 2009 10:45PM
Dan,
I've actually got one of those cheap little espresso machines. I am sooo taking it on the next trip! I just have to have a picture of Gary and Jim sipping espresso out at the shooting field! Thanks for the idea. excited

Sorry, we're still not going to show the trophy room...eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021