Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT. Scored a money pit!

OT. Scored a money pit!
July 15, 2011 10:09PM
Gang,

I finally scored a forclosure. It's a real dump, I'm stoked!pushingarock Pretty soon I'll have my own horror stories to tell about leaking roofs, bad wiring and backed up plumbing.

The good news is I can't use this as an excuse to duck shoots for much longer.shooter

I'm off to plant tulips.chainsaw

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 10:11PM by Bigbore.
Re: OT. Scored a money pit!
July 15, 2011 11:49PM
Well Lon!

Congrats. Welcome to the money pit!

We'll all take note ... Lon can't use the "I'm settling on a condo that date ... " anymore. laughing again Great! So; you've decided you need to branch out - after seeing all of the female realtors in Miami ... right? Maybe Tampa, Orlando?? hahaha. laughing We're wise to your real interest in real estate. heheheh.

Gary
July 16, 2011 01:40AM
I thought I knew why Lon wanted to drive all over town with those realtors but I'm having trouble with the scored a dump being good news bit! laughing
July 16, 2011 02:16AM
The realtor that actually got the job done was a gruff ole dude about my age. You would think he was a Marine, a real professional. It took me two years and a half dozen smoking hot realtor babes before I learned how to get this done.

What I'm going to do now is just look for another place, not buy.wink

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2011 02:18AM by Bigbore.
July 16, 2011 02:32AM
Lon :

Good luck on the new house. Ignore all the horror stories . Keep telling yourself...
"Its an investment "

Karl
July 16, 2011 03:10AM
Karl,

It USED TO BE an investment!

Now ... the only rock solid thing you can put your money into is Barnes Pneumatic! hehehe. whistling

Gary
July 17, 2011 12:07PM
Hi Lon,

Congratulations! I hope that you enjoy your new permanent home. thumbs up

You should invite all of us to your open house...smileys with beer
July 19, 2011 02:59PM
Thanks guys,

Shoot is tomorrow!

Bring: bucket, mop, shovel, hammer, one square brown fiberglass shingles, tree saw and..................nowthatIthink

Oh yeah, a gun!knucklehead

Lon
July 19, 2011 06:03PM
Bigbore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Oh yeah, a gun!knucklehead
>
> Lon

Don't dispare Lon. I know it seems bad now ... but just take baby steps.

;?)

Gary
July 17, 2011 02:29PM
Great idea Julio! Hey everyone, grab your guns, we're going shooting at Lon's! shooter
August 06, 2011 08:00AM
Watch out for the "free" help parties, especially when it comes to roofing. Guys with a few beers on-board are not an ideal match for ladders and high places, as it turns out.
eye rolling smiley

Even if they never get off the ground, you never know when somebody is gonna forget to tell you that they accidentally dumped a half-bucket of roofing nails in your gravel driveway, and picked up ALMOST all of them.
August 06, 2011 09:47PM
Yeah - then there's the pneumatic nail gun competitions .... eye popping smiley

hahahaha
August 07, 2011 08:40AM
When the roofers get going with the pneumatic staplers and asphault shingles, it sounds like those things are full-auto. I remember doing it one nail at a time with the old-fashioned hammer, a lot less junk to haul around in the truck, but it sure was slow by comparision.

Pretty amazing how far a 3/4" roofing nail can go when you hit it just wrong, isn't it? The only thing that's more amazing is how often it'll land right behind the tire of your truck. The whole driveway to fall onto, and it's gotta head right for the tire tracks.sad smiley
August 07, 2011 03:41PM
Memories, good and bad. I remember being 16 years old, and rebuilding the large porch roof areas of my parent's farm house. That's when I learned about compound angles to replace rafters. And, I worked on it so late into the evenings, that I distinctly recall using the glow off of the flat 1/2" diameter roofing nail's head to locate same.

knucklehead

Gary
August 08, 2011 07:33AM
Yup, not sure I'd want to try the same trick with a pneumatic staple gun. Might end up fastening yourself to the roof. On the other hand, you know if you hit your thumb in the dark with either method. knucklehead
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021