Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not an airgun...but a knife!

Not an airgun...but a knife!
July 29, 2009 09:20PM
With all the fabulous machining threads lately, I thought I'd show a "low-tech" knife I finished recently.
It is forged 1084, with a little forge texture left on it.
Orange G10 scales with a Japanese style cord wrap
Blade a little under 7"
Definitely not a collectible piece, but a user - made it for a friend's 60th B-day. He'll use it as a camp knife.
Note the extremely hi-quality foto more innocent
IMG_1612_2.jpg
Re: Not an airgun...but a knife!
July 29, 2009 09:33PM
Nice knife. Good job. thumbs up If that "Doc" thing doesn't work out for you ... you can always .....

Now ... now that we know you can post ... ...

WE WANT TO SEE YOUR WOODSMAN .... WE WANT TO SEE .... whistling winking smiley

Gary
July 29, 2009 09:39PM
Nice. That's a true "doc" photo too . . . notice the surplus surgical towel under the piece. thumbs up

-- Jim
July 29, 2009 10:08PM
hey, you noticed!!!

yes, an (unused) surgical towel, alias hi-tech backdrop.

Gee, Gary, some people are never satisfiedmore innocent

I post a picture, and it's "More, More......"

I can post some Wood......pictures if you'd like!!!
July 30, 2009 08:53AM
Gee, that hi-tech backdrop looks EXACTLY like my "dish towels" that somehow turned up in the kitchen.whistling

I wish they would just sell the things outright, they make great cleaning rags and such.
July 30, 2009 12:14PM
Psssst...............over here................shhhh.

Have you ever tried to make a bigbore airgun?whistling
July 30, 2009 06:24PM
Nice work joebill! Is this to be used for surgical purposes too??scared
July 30, 2009 07:59PM
hehe that would be pretty amusing!

Actually, with the trend toward less- invasive surgery these days, the knife is too big for any of themmore innocent

....except for when Gary needs his hip replaced - he'll need a "Viking Sized" knife !!!!

Big Bore airgun...nope, haven't tried making one.....but I have lots of cool WOOD for a stock!

Gary accuses me of not even SHOOTING a bigbore whistling

but when you add my photographic skills to my laziness in setting up shots, it just seems too much work...as opposed to just blasting milk jugs and shooting the spinner target Gary sent!!!!

Gary, next time you or Jerry are in CT, stop by with your cameras/videocameras/war wagon etcshooter with bench rifle
July 30, 2009 10:07PM
joebill,

You don't get off that easy! We all know it isn't THAT much work to take a picture and post it. Until you do, we will assume that your big bore guns remain safely tucked away. whistling more innocent
July 31, 2009 06:37PM
ya see, this is what I get for listening to Gary - "we need more posts, send pictures, etc"

So I do my part for world peace - I mean, the forum - and what do I get ? - Abuse !google eyes

Hey, I already admitted I was lazy with the pictures........

Evidently, I am going to have to start sending in more pictures of cool wood to redeem myself more innocent
July 31, 2009 08:49PM
If the pictures are of cool wood you just shot with your big bore, the abuse will stop! laughing again
August 01, 2009 02:11AM
more like cool work to make into stocks....and therefore mess with Gary's headlaughing again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021